Clipget and Excel issue

i am trying to paste a string of data into excel from the clip board. when done manually this works perfectly, seperating each variable into the correct columns. however when i attempt to use

_ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, ClipGet(), "A3", 1)

it seems to paste it into the first cell only (A3) and does not seperate with the tabs in my string

this is what it pastes

"Name[?]13/07/2011[?]13/07/2011[?]Client Name[?]Client Number[?]1[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]2[?]1[?]1[?]1[?]3[?]1"

the [?] represents a @tab which only happens in excel when using the clipget code.

any suggestions

example of code

Note each $var equals a value elsewhere in my script.

my code is most likely shocking i know, still a newbie to autoit.

ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($combo) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input4) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input2) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input3) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input5) & @TAB & @TAB & $var14 & @TAB & $var15 & @TAB & $var16 & @TAB & $var17 & @TAB & $var18 & @TAB & $var19 & @TAB & $var23 + $var24 + $var25 + $var26 + $var27 + $var28 + $var29 + $var30 + $var31 + $var32 & @TAB & $var33 & @TAB & $var21 & @TAB & $var20 & @TAB & $var22 & @TAB & $var37 & @TAB & $var34 & @TAB & $var35 & @TAB & $var36 & @TAB & @TAB & $var38 & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox1) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox2) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox3) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox4))
                $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen("FILE LOCATION" & $var6); $var6 is the date in the Input4 field

i am trying to paste a string of data into excel from the clip board. when done manually this works perfectly, seperating each variable into the correct columns. however when i attempt to use

it seems to paste it into the first cell only (A3) and does not seperate with the tabs in my string

this is what it pastes

"Name[?]13/07/2011[?]13/07/2011[?]Client Name[?]Client Number[?]1[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.2[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]0.5[?]2[?]1[?]1[?]1[?]3[?]1"

the [?] represents a @tab which only happens in excel when using the clipget code.

any suggestions

example of code

Note each $var equals a value elsewhere in my script.

my code is most likely shocking i know, still a newbie to autoit.

ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($combo) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input4) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input2) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input3) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Input5) & @TAB & @TAB & $var14 & @TAB & $var15 & @TAB & $var16 & @TAB & $var17 & @TAB & $var18 & @TAB & $var19 & @TAB & $var23 + $var24 + $var25 + $var26 + $var27 + $var28 + $var29 + $var30 + $var31 + $var32 & @TAB & $var33 & @TAB & $var21 & @TAB & $var20 & @TAB & $var22 & @TAB & $var37 & @TAB & $var34 & @TAB & $var35 & @TAB & $var36 & @TAB & @TAB & $var38 & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox1) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox2) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox3) & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($Editbox4))
                $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen("FILE LOCATION" & $var6); $var6 is the date in the Input4 field

Why not write all your GuiCtrlReads and Variables straigt into Excel with a little loop

or

String split your ClipGet and write the result to Excel?

Stringsplit worked, thanks for that

i am having one issue.

i have my program, write the array to excel then save and close the book, however after this happens if i attempt to open any other excel files they just hang and i have to end the excel.exe process. unfortunately i cannot include in my program to just kill the process once its finished saving as i need other excel files open at all times.

any suggestions?

Stringsplit worked, thanks for that

i am having one issue.

i have my program, write the array to excel then save and close the book, however after this happens if i attempt to open any other excel files they just hang and i have to end the excel.exe process. unfortunately i cannot include in my program to just kill the process once its finished saving as i need other excel files open at all times.

any suggestions?

How long do you wait between closing the File, and opening another file? Sometimes file locks get screwed up and 5 seconds wait can fix the problem...

Ive never had this problem tbh, just speculating...

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

il attempt that. i think the main issue is that its opening the workbook on a current instance of excel.exe, i need it to open a new instance of excel.exe, write the array, then save and close that instance.

currently if i end my script it after it writes saves and closes, it will end that instance, however i need to keep my script running