[Solved] Scite4Autoit3 - F1 doesn't work

Go to solution Solved by Zedna,

• Developers

The difference is that Alt+F1 is defined in some "properties" files but F1 isn't.

F1 is hardcoded somewhere inside Scite4Autoit3 stuff somehow.

Nope, both are specified in au3properties:

# Commands to for Help F1
#~ command.help.$(au3)=$(CurrentWord)!$(autoit3dir)\autoit.chm
#~ command.help.subsystem.$(au3)=4
command.help.$(au3)=$(autoit3dir)\Autoit3Help.exe "$(CurrentWord)"
command.help.subsystem.$(au3)=2

#x 02  Beta Helpfile
bcommand.2=$(autoit3dir)\beta\Autoit3Help.exe "$(CurrentWord)"
bcommand.name.2=Beta Help
bcommand.subsystem.2=2
bcommand.shortcut.2=Alt+F1
bcommand.save.before.2=2

But as you can see: Different programs are ran. (actually the same program but from a different directory)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Zedna

Do you get any error messages when you try to use it? I remember that I did but I don't remember what the message was.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I did uninstall+install tests:

1)

uninstall all release+beta+scite4autoit3

install release 3.3.6.1 + beta 3.3.7.14 + scite4autoit3

F1 and Alt+F1 works fine

2)

install release 3.2.12.1 --> F1 works fine

+ beta 3.3.7.14 --> now F1 stopped working

+ scite4autoit3 --> F1 still doesn't work

Alt+F1 works fine

So problem must be in old release 3.2.12.1

• Solution

Nope, both are specified in au3properties:

But as you can see: Different programs are ran. (actually the same program but from a different directory)

Jos

Yes. There is different AutoIt3Help.exe for release and for beta.

Now I copied newer AutoIt3Help.exe

from Beta directory (3.3.7.14) "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\AutoIt3Help.exe"

to release directory (3.2.12.1) "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3Help.exe" (overwiting older one)

and IT WORKS!!! ;)

Thank you very much Jos (and others too) for help! :)

Problem solved.

Edited by Zedna

• Developers

I did uninstall+install tests:

1)

install release 3.3.6.1 + beta 3.3.7.14 + scite4autoit3

F1 and Alt+F1 works fine

2)

install release 3.2.12.1 --> F1 works fine

+ beta 3.3.7.14 --> now F1 stopped working

+ scite4autoit3 --> F1 still doesn't work

Alt+F1 works fine

So problem must be in old release 3.2.12.1

That is why I made this remark some days ago:

Zedna,

You say you installed Autoit 3.2.12.1 ?

Does that contain program: AutoIt3Help.exe ?

Jos

There is probably something different with the way Help was called. Just try copying the AutoIt3Help.exe from the beta directory to the production directory.

EDIT: See our posts crossed :)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I saw that your comment and I checked existence of that file. I didn't think about its different version for release/beta.

Wasn't sure you saw the remark as you didn't reply to it and I forgot till your post about the test.

We went through several changes there. It was initially a autoit3 script and then changed into a cpp program which also went through several updates.

Anyway, glad the mystery is solved. :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Well I find that I have to have the file saved before I can open help, and so have many other people. When you open up scite, open a script and then try using help then.

Help works fine as long as the file being edited has a .au3 file extension.

So, No, the file doesn't need to be saved while editing, but YES, it needs to be saved at least once to make its name whatever.au3 when starting a new file.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yeah, that is what I meant. The file you are editing needs to exist on your harddrive, not a file in your RAM only... the only logical reason I could think that would be the case would be either a glitch, or to get people to save their work.

Yeah, that is what I meant. The file you are editing needs to exist on your harddrive, not a file in your RAM only... the only logical reason I could think that would be the case would be either a glitch, or to get people to save their work.

Actually, it's because SciTE has no idea what type of code you're editing until you tell it, by giving it a name and an extension. As far as SciTE is concerned, they're all just a text document until you tell it otherwise.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

the only logical reason I could think that would be the case would be either a glitch, or to get people to save their work.

No, the only and simple reason is that SciTE uses the file Extension to apply the proper config setting.

Check out the Many *.properties files in the properties subdirectory (assuming here that you did install the full SciTE4AutoIt3 version with the separate installer)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sure but not until it knows what type of file it is. There is highlighting for several languages in SciTe.

You seem to think SciTe is an editor written expressly for AutoIt and that isn't the case. SciTe is a general purpose programming (or text) editor originally written as an example for using Scintilla. SciTe4AutoIt3 is a customized version to include extra functionality that is exclusive to AutoIt scripts.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

But syntax highlighting and abbreviation handling knows about *.au3 formating. Weird :)

Not weird knowing that we have configured the default Lexer to be *.au3, but that doesn't trigger all the defined Functions/Tools etc.... simply the Lexer.

This is how SciTE works ....

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.