How do I set a letter in a button to be underlined so that i can press the underlined letter to click it?

Hi Guys,

I know this is probably there somewhere in the help manual, but I couldn't find it; So i wanted to know how I could set a letter in a button that is underlined, so that i can press that letter instead of having to click the button. We all do know how if we press and hold alt while right clicking in windows some letters are underlined and all you have to do is press the underlined letter right? So if anyone can give me a solution to this problem, I'll be extremely grateful.

I think you talk about accelerators. Check references GUISetAccelerators().

EDIT:

Example modified to be first letter underlined:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

GUICreate("Custom Msgbox", 210, 80)

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please click a button!", 10, 10)
$YesID = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Yes", 10, 50, 50, 20)
$NoID = GUICtrlCreateButton("&No", 80, 50, 50, 20)
$ExitID = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 150, 50, 50, 20)

; Set accelerators for Ctrl+y and Ctrl+n
Dim $AccelKeys[2][2]=[["y", $YesID], ["n", $NoID]]
GUISetAccelerators($AccelKeys)

GUISetState()  ; display the GUI

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select
        Case $msg = $YesID
            MsgBox(0, "You clicked on", "Yes")
        Case $msg = $NoID
            MsgBox(0, "You clicked on", "No")
        Case $msg = $ExitID
            MsgBox(0, "You clicked on", "Exit")
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            MsgBox(0, "You clicked on", "Close")
    EndSelect
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or $msg = $ExitID
Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

When you create a button, the if you put "&" before one of the letters for the text of the button, that will be the accelerator for the button. For example:

$button = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Test", 20, 20)

That will give you an underlined T in the word Test and that will be the key to activate the button.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator