ObjCreate HTTP vs. HTTPS

Casey

Hello,

A site that I was accessing here locally as HTTP was recently changed over to HTTPS. With the change came a change in the behavior of some code I was running. I was hoping someone who was familiar with this usage could provide insight as to if this would cause a "navigation canceled" to appear in the IE window that is created. The "If $HereLittlePiggy = "80" Then" section is what I am looking at. As I said the window is created and the edit control that was in that location in my GUI is hidden as expected. The variable supplying the URL was updated. I can access the URL by opening internet explorer and pasting the URL into the address bar.

Func _Post2Studio()
    ;$HereLittlePiggy = 80 or 160 (80) edit control is visible and enabled where as (160) is disabled and hidden.
    $HereLittlePiggy = GUICtrlGetState($hEdit)
    If $HereLittlePiggy = "80" Then
        ;Grab the edit control text
        $Tmp1 = _GUICtrlEdit_GetText($hEdit)
        ;Hide the edit control
        GUICtrlSetState($hEdit, $GUI_DISABLE + $GUI_HIDE)
        ;Replace the edit control with IE window of same dimensions
        $SoIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
        $GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($SoIE, 2, 2, 1414, 468)
        ;Navigate to the temp Wiki page
        ;This is the hard coded path to the edit URL for the temp Wiki page I setup for this process.
        ;Since I have only 5 end-users one page should suffice for all. No permanent data is stored here.
        ;It is just used to see what a given set of marked up data would look like when published as a Wiki page.
        $SoIE.navigate($ExistingWikiTempPageEdit)

;Wait for it to load
        _IELoadWait($SoIE)
        $SoForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($SoIE, "wikieditform")
        $SoQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($SoForm, "text")
        ;Pass the contents of the edit control that were captured to the Wiki page that was opened in edit mode
        _IEFormElementSetValue($SoQuery, $Tmp1)
        ;Submit the change to the temp Wiki page so that it is viewable as if in production
        $SoSubmit = _IEGetObjByName($SoIE, "post")
        _IEAction($SoSubmit, "click")
        ;Change the button text for fun so that end-users will know that clicking it again will bring back the edit control
        _GUICtrlButton_SetText($Post2Studio, "Return to Edit")
        ;Set the variable to control when the If/Then statement is run for a button so that inappropriate code isn't executed against the disabled/hidden edit control
        $Mormonism = 1
    Else
        ;When button is pressed a second time kill of the IE object and redisplay the edit control
        GUICtrlDelete($GUIActiveX)
        Sleep(50)
        GUICtrlSetState($hEdit, $GUI_ENABLE + $GUI_SHOW + $GUI_FOCUS)
        ;Again change the button text back to what it initially was
        _GUICtrlButton_SetText($Post2Studio, "Preview in Studio")
        $Mormonism = 0
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_Post

If I right click in the IE Window and select properties I see the address URL starts with "res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm#https://". It also states that it is an unknown protocol. Now I am aware of an IE security feature that causes the transition from a site that is in the Internet Zone to a site that is in the "Trusted Sites Zone" to spawn a new instance of IE. I am not sure if this is the problem, or just HTTPS, or some other issue I can't put my finger on. Just wondering if there was anything glaringly wrong here.

Edit: When run from within SciTE I see the following appear in the bottom pane. I have never really noticed this before so I will have to do some further research I guess.

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Warning from function _IEGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch (Name: post, Index: 0)
--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType
Edited by Casey