Includes Helper

asdf8

Version 1.4 from OP. I click the tool from the Tools menu and in immediately returns the error. The message appears for every .au3 file I try.

Also, I noticed that the option to enable/disable it in the SciTE config is not there. Should it be?

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Apparently the problem is properly connected IncludesHelper to SciTE.

Enable or disable IncludesHelper to SciTE can only edit the file "au3.properties".

If you are using SciTE4AutoIt3 : Menu Options > Open au3.properties

If you are using IncludesHelper.au3 need to add a section:

command.37.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.au3" "$(FilePath)"

command.name.37.$(au3)=Includes Helper

command.save.before.37.$(au3)=1

command.shortcut.37.$(au3)=Ctrl+Enter

where:

37 ( before ".$(au3)=" ) - unique number of the section menu

$(autoit3dir) - macro specifies the directory with installed AutoIt (As an example "C:Program FilesAutoIt3")

$(SciteDefaultHome) - macro specifies the directory with installed SciTE (As an example "C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTE", see )

For SciTE3AutoIt3 ".$(au3)=" should be replaced by ".*.au3="

Files that are highlighted in red are solely responsible to exist.

If you are using IncludesHelper.a3x :

command.37.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.a3x" "$(FilePath)"

If you are using IncludesHelper.exe :

command.37.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.exe" "$(FilePath)"

Check beside itself correctness of the paths to files.

If you are using SciTE4AutoIt3, the problem may be that the macro "autoit3dir" is not defined (see ).

If so, there are several solutions:

1. In the file "au3.properties" uncomment line :

# autoit3dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

ie, remove leading char "#", path to the directory with installed AutoIt must be correct.

2. Instead of "$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" to specify the full path to autoit3.exe

3. Use IncludesHelper.exe

Edited by asdf8

Added "# 37 Includes Helper by asdf8" (header) in au3.properties 'Includes Helper' section for it to display in SciTE Config Tool Section.

# 37 Includes Helper by asdf8
command.37.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.au3" "$(FilePath)"
# for IncludesHelper.a3x :
# command.37.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.a3x" "$(FilePath)"
# for IncludesHelper.exe :
# command.37.*.au3="$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.exe" "$(FilePath)"
command.name.37.*.au3=Includes Helper
command.save.before.37.*.au3=1
command.shortcut.37.*.au3=Ctrl+Enter

Still haven't resolved the error.

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Here's the problem...

command.37.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\IncludesHelper\IncludesHelper.au3" "$(FilePath)

$(autoit3dir) is not returning the directory path information. Where is this defined?

When I substitute '$(autoit3dir)' with the actual path, it works.

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Here's the problem...

command.37.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.au3" "$(FilePath)

$(autoit3dir) is not returning the directory path information. Where is this defined?

$(autoit3dir) is defined inside the au3.properties file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Fossil Rock

once again quote my last post:

f you are using SciTE4AutoIt3, the problem may be that the macro "autoit3dir" is not defined.

# autoit3dir=C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3

ie, remove leading char "#", path to the directory with installed AutoIt must be correct.

2. Instead of "$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" to specify the full path to autoit3.exe

Check beside itself correctness of the paths to files.

If you are using SciTE4AutoIt3, the problem may be that the macro "autoit3dir" is not defined.

# autoit3dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

2. Instead of "$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" to specify the full path to autoit3.exe

I apologize, I did not understand you to begin with and that's my fault. It's all good now. Thank you.

$(autoit3dir) is defined inside the au3.properties file.

Thank you.

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

• 1 year later...

I have also copied it with the missing slashs!

-> command.37.$(au3)="$(autoit3dir)autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)IncludesHelperIncludesHelper.au3" "$(FilePath)

Edit: command.37.*.au3 ->become-> command.37.$(au3), * also changing, isn`t it?

Please, correct that in the first postings! Thanks.

Edited by burnell

• Developers

Just for the record: the $(autoit3dir) variable is not available anymore in the latest production version of SciTE4AutoIt3.

You need to add it by adding something like this to your SciTEUser.properties:

autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\..

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 11 months later...

saudumm,

Before start to do in this direction, I have to understand the principle of connecting additional folders with include files for compile or run AutoIt-script.
At first glance it seems that autoit3.exe when runing and aut2exe.exe when compiling the script define the main folder include files based on a relative path, and an additional folder - from the information in the registry, ie for AutoIt installed in the system.
I, hope and some other users AutoIt, use several different versions of AutoIt, and installed in the system can be only one instance of AutoIt - this is not a problem, AutoIt can run or compile the script portably, but here is additional folder will be determined for installed AutoIt.
This can lead to errors version compatibility. If my assumption is correct, I will not do to support additional folders and advise place files custom UDF in the main folder with include files.

• Developers

From the #include Helpfile page:

There is a special registry value that can be created at "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAutoIt v3AutoIt" called "Include". It should be a REG_SZ (string) value. The contents of this value are a semi-colon delimited list of directories that should be searched for files when resolving #include's in addition to the standard locations.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 2 weeks later...