Send raw uses wrong key layout

The script opens a "Save as" dialog and the cursor is at the beginning of the file name textbox:

At executing the command

Send("C:\Temp\mp3lrc\", 1) ; 1 means raw string

; I would expect, that it writes: C:\Temp\mp3lrc\
; but it writes:                  C>Tempmp3lrc

I found out, that the key where > ist printed on it writes > in the US english layout, but : in the german swiss layout.

There is no key for \ with swiss german layout on that 88 key US-keyboard.

Send("zy1+23*45%6&7/8(9)0='?^", 1)

; delivers:   zy1!23#45%6^7&8*9(0)[{]
; instead of: zy1+23*45%6&7/8(9)0='?^

The result is 99% US English keyboard layout.

But why is z and y not exchanged?

Details about system:

AutoIt v3.3.6.1, Win 7 Home german.

x64 Subnotebook with german keyboard layout Germany with local settings for german Switzerland.

With an external 88 keys USB keyboard with US layout (tenlesskey from Filco).

3 different keyboard layouts installed:

+ german swiss (default)

+ spanish modern

+ US english

I made a cross check with Notepad and found out - it is depending upon the receiving processes active keyboard layout!

;Run("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive("Unbenannt - Editor")
Send("This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift: 1+2""3*4ç5%6&7/8(9)0= yz", 1); 1 means raw string!

; Results - the first 2 characters refer which keyboard layout was active for
; the Notepad process.
;Es: This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift: 1!2"3·4$5%6&7/8(9)0= yz
;En: This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift> 1!2@3#4$5%6^7&8*9(0) yz
;De: This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift: 1+2"3*4ç5%6&7/8(9)0= yz

The question is, why is the keyboard layout 99% so important for the receiving process?

I simply want to send a string of ASCII characters - how can I do it? No matter which keyboard layout is active?

Keyboard layout does not apply 100% - see y and z, they are always right, but US layout is different to spanish and swiss german!

Send("This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift: 1+2""3*4ç5%6&7/8(9)0= yz", 1); 1 means raw string!

Change the quotations surrounding your Send() string to single quotes. That won't fix your issue with the german/us keyboard layout conflict, but it will give you proper output.

Send('This are all keys from 1 to 0 with alternating shift: 1+2""3*4ç5%6&7/8(9)0= yz', 1); 1 means raw string!

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache