Where are common icons?

c.haslam

It is unfortunate that functions that are hard to use have been made UDFs, blocking the way for easier-to-use versions.

I don't understand this sentiment. How is the making of a UDF blocking any further development of easier-to-use versions?

You can always develop whatever you'd like without ever using any of the "pre-packaged" UDFs if you don't mind reinventing the wheel. You can also expand the original UDF with your own enhancements or improvements, no one is going to complain. I expanded the Array.au3 file to have more support for 2D arrays in a lot of functions, I posted my version of it in the example scripts section and no one cried foul.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I forgot to mention that Koda already makes it much easier to create forms with controls. The styles dialogs will (with lazycat's approval) make it even easier: the user will be able to choose from a combination of styles that are known to work or choose his own combination. He will be able to see an example of the styles he chooses immediately, and he will not need to be familiar with Windows constants.

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

I don't understand this sentiment. How is the making of a UDF blocking any further development of easier-to-use versions?

Perhaps "blocking any further development" is not the best phrase. I mean that if a UDF is already in the library, and it is hard to use, a proposal to provide an easier to use UDF will be refused, because that area is already covered.

When I am writing an "application" in AutoIt, I would prefer not spending unnecessary time creating the GUIs.

Spoiler

CDebug Dumps values of variables including arrays and DLL structs, to a GUI, to the Console, and to the Clipboard

Perhaps "blocking any further development" is not the best phrase. I mean that if a UDF is already in the library, and it is hard to use, a proposal to provide an easier to use UDF will be refused, because that area is already covered.

When I am writing an "application" in AutoIt, I would prefer not spending unnecessary time creating the GUIs.

I'm not sure that it would be refused outright if there's a compelling reason to change it.

Also, as I stated earlier, if you want to create your own functions to do something easier, it's easy enough to do. There's absolutely no reason to use the built-in UDF's at all if you would rather not. I often create my own functions when the provided ones don't work as I would like them to. :mellow:

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm not sure that it would be refused outright if there's a compelling reason to change it.

A big reason not to change a UDF is to avoid breaking user's code.

Perhaps if someone else had submitted the RichEdit UDFs, they would expect Windows constants as parameters: the functions would be one-for-one what Microsoft provides. It took a lot of effort to make the UDFs immediately usable while omitting none of the functionality. I think I succeeded. There are two features that are lacking (or were, last time I checked Trac). I couldn't figure out how they work (if they work!), so I did not submit my attempt: the door is still open for someone else to add these features. When they do, no code will be broken. You might like to look at _GuiRichEdit.au3: to get everything to work logically and properly takes lines of code.

I emphasize that the RichEdit UDFs are based on the work of several people over a couple of years. The real breakthroughs were not mine. :mellow:

Spoiler

To get nice transparent icons change this:

original:

$hBitmap = _WinAPI_LoadImage($hInstance, 121, $IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, 0)

new:

$hBitmap = _WinAPI_LoadImage($hInstance, 121, $IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, $LR_LOADMAP3DCOLORS)

EDIT: It's transparent only on default form's color, not on yellow one used in your example.

$LR_LOADTRANSPARENT doesn't work for me at all.

Perhaps this may help with transparency.
Spoiler