Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harry729

Blocking popinp-up monitoring windows in IE - how to block them?

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone, I have been struggling with Autoit for long time so as to make the sort of windows described in topic entirely invisible and not coming up even for the fraction of a second, but so far, of no avail. By "popinp-up monitoring windows in IE" I mean the kind of IE windows which pop up whenever IE asks a user for instructions as to how it should behave when something unexpected happens or just wants to inform that it has just happened (e.g. bumping off the Internet as a result of extremely slow internet connection during a data's tranport).

Do anyone know a method to block them other than just fishing them out according to title and sending "clicks" or "enters" to their buttons? I've been wondering whether registering the IE Error function or toggling some registers could help. I would be very grateful for a concrete effective help.

Edited by Harry729

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

What is the script doing? Is IE really necessary? Handling pop-ups quickly should be good enough to keep it from annoying the user too much.

Ultimately, if you don't want IE behaviors, don't use IE.

:mellow:

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi, the script logs in, changes the site into one of sub-sites, and takes information from the website's table consisting the history of my sms, from time to time refreshing it. At the moment I mainly use functions such as _IEGet....ById, _IEFormElementSet... etc., although I was wondering whether I may do the same thing without any webbrowser, e.g. thanks to misc. functions used for direct interchanging information via internet such as _INet..., TCP... and the like. Would it be possible?