HUGE PROJECT

rcmaehl

OMFG

Take a break.

NO! I am determined to get this created.

If you dont see many examples from me is because i am like you Posted Image

My method(Not the best) once that i figure out how to do the main task of the program start to making the GUI with all the features that i want..pfffff to much features, i use functions a lot to keep me organizated. for ex:

Declare Globals (a lot of Globals)

Func _StoreINIsIntoVariables()

Func _CreateControls() a lot of controls

Main loop

Funcs about the main task of the program

Auxiliaryfuncs

ExitFuncs like saving data into INIs and releasing some resources.

Very good idea, i'm always thinking about something better than KODA to make GUI for AutoIt, it can be so good if the GUI Controls can be coded inside your program. I mean for example you create a Button then double click on it, a page appear and you write your code that you want when you clicked on that Button that code execute.

I know you can do it, go on bro.

Good luck and have fun with it. Nice way to teach yourself the language ... oh, and I couldn't resist:

If _IsWine() then _DrinkIt()

So true I am working on a project that I do have over 10,000 lines of code on....what a pain...doesn't help when you are a slow coder ether! lol

I don’t know how much help I can be but if you have it broke down into small pieces I might be willing to write few functions for it in my spare time.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I need any help although I do need help as posted in my last post. Also lol at _Drinkit().

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

You can't use an array in a For...Next loop like that you have to use a regular variable as the variable in the loop portion.

Would adding something like this fix it?:

$TempNum = $__Num[0]

Or is there a better way?

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Anyway... Any suggestions what to name this program because AutoIt GUI Maker isn't a very out-of-the-box thought name?

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Question: Do you guys think I should export the code to a script as it's made OR should I store the code in a cache and export when the user wants to? Currently, I'm leaning towards the cache. Here's a pro and con of each:

Export as Created:

P: Auto-saved

C: Harder to undo

Using a Cache:

P: Easier to Undo

C: Possibility of crash if invalid code is used.

If I do decide to use a cache, then I'll need some help creating someway to view and edit the cache, I'm thinking a window with a list view to view/edit the cache, and this will require some way to re-cache the cache to remove the empty value in the array.

Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

I'm upgrading the GUI to a tabbed interface to allow more room. Once you choose what you want to make the tab switches to a proprieties tab for the element.

Also, Opinions on what to use: Buttons, Tree, or List for choosing what to make?

And Also: Will anyone be willing to rigorously test this program when it's done for bugs, errors, etc?

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

I'm upgrading the GUI to a tabbed interface to allow more room. Once you choose what you want to make the tab switches to a proprieties tab for the element.

Also, Opinions on what to use: Buttons, Tree, or List for choosing what to make?

And Also: Will anyone be willing to rigorously test this program when it's done for bugs, errors, etc?

List as VBS

me test

short answers.. i have toothache, i am not in mood :mellow:

List as VBS

me test

short answers.. i have toothache, i am not in mood :mellow:

Best short answers ever, xD, and thanks! Also, I can't find a sample of VBS List for creating something new. Do you have a link to a sample?

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

A few links of other folks who are making similar attempts:

1 of the people hasn't been online in ~2 years

1 of the people quit working on his 4 years ago

1 of the people still hasn't replied to my privmsg

So yeah. That was like no help what so ever but thanks anyway :mellow: although I did find this:

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

O_o I just noticed that I'm STEALING a LOT of code from my other scripts to create this GUI.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

In my last post i suggest you to do a list, that is wrong, what i really want to say is to make a treeview like this... If you want it i design it for you.

--- ScreenShot Here ---

Posted Image

Yes, that is very nice, and PLEASE design it for me. The project is already stressful just trying to figure out how to do certain things.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

I blame my Autism.

In case you didn't quite figure it out from other comments. This statement is downright offensive. It is especially so for those of us who deal with Autism in its reality.

I also found your "apology letter" to be crass and insincere.

Whether you continue in the forums, or whether you create your "HUGE PROJECT" is entirely up to you. Just don't put this kind of [superlative removed] in front of us.

If you need it but can't write it yourself, pay someone to write it for you.

• Developers

Ok folks... Let's try to keep the personal stuff out and focus on AutoIt3 issues.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

In case you didn't quite figure it out from other comments. This statement is downright offensive.

Guess what, I find your usage of the word "it" offensive. Why? Because I've arbitrarily decided I wish to be offended at something. I mean, you totally came over to my house and punched me in the nuts with the word "it" and kicked my cat on the way out. Right? Oh wait, no you didn't. I guess I'm just being stupid getting all offended at what other people say. Hmm. I wonder if there's a lesson in that. Hint hint take my fucking hint.

Anyway, I was attracted to this thread because somebody decided to violate a couple rules:

• Don't report moderators.
  • Don't use the report feature to chat with the moderators.
Could ban the user for a double whammy rules violation but I won't. All I'll say is this: Really? You have to ask why this thread was closed? I skimmed through the thread and I can easily see the way it went down: User A made stupid comment; User B decided to get panties in a bunch and react to stupid comment from User A instead of doing the sensible thing and shutting the fuck up. End result = thread locky.

Edit: I done went and hitted post without muh disclaimer: I'm not interested in discussing this thread further. In other words, don't PM me.

Edited by Valik