Active Directory -> Computer [OU] Group Move?

Hello there! :)

I'm looking for a way to move a computer from one Active Directory OU group to another. I see there are some M$ command line utils, but can this be done in AutoIt alone?

If I have to use a command line tool, which one is required?

I'm not trying to rename, delete, or create new computer accounts/items. I just need to be able to move them from the default group to a specific group.

Thanks!

I'm looking for a way to move a computer from one Active Directory OU group to another. I see there are some M$ command line utils, but can this be done in AutoIt alone?

I'm not trying to rename, delete, or create new computer accounts/items. I just need to be able to move them from the default group to a specific group.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i won't be of any help ... coz i'm also trying stuff in that field ... did u succeded in automating anything in Active Directory ? ... i am seeking some examples ... :evil:

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A good source of information is the Microsoft script center: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...ts/default.mspx

Then browse to Active Directory -> Groups.

These are all VBscript based examples, but most (not all) can be converted into AutoIt scripts:

;Description:
;
;Moves a group account from the HR OU to the Users container. 

$objOU = ObjGet("LDAP://cn=Users,dc=NA,dc=fabrikam,dc=com")

$objOU.MoveHere("LDAP://cn=atl-users,ou=HR,dc=NA,dc=fabrikam,dc=com", "")

See also: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...s_ads_okon.mspx

Regards,

-Sven