Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clark

How to address each row of 2d array

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

I can't find out how to do this in the help.

I read into an array via some SQL. I then want to output the array into Excel using _ExcelWriteArray. _ExcelWriteArray can only write a 1d Array to I am assuming I would need to send it a row of the 2d array at a time.

This is what I have, that fails, as it does not like the way I reference the array variable.

$iRval= _Sql_GetTable2D($hDBHandle,$sSQL,$outArray,$iRows,$iColumns)
if $iRval <> $SQL_OK then
      Msgbox(0 + 16 +262144,"Error","Unable to execute query")
      Exit
EndIf
_ArrayDisplay($outArray)                     ; This displays the array just fine
for $i = 1 to uBound($outArray)
      ExcelPrint($outArray[$i])              ; Autoit does not like the $i
next

This fails on the ExcelPrint line, which calls a function that contains _ExcelWriteArray.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

I can't find out how to do this in the help.

That's because there is no way to do that. Either address a single item (array[x][y]) or the whole thing ($array).

Create a secondary/temporary loop using a For-loop and UBound(), or use a way to write to Excel without arrays.

You can use _ExcelWriteSheetFromArray() to write 2D array data. Or do it directly:

Global $aArray[3][3] = [["A1", "B1", "C1"], ["A2", "B2", "C2"], ["A3", "B3", "C3"]]
$oExcel.Activesheet.Range("A1:C3").Value = $aArray

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thankyou.

_ExcelWriteSheetFromArray() will work nicely for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Eli_jahbot
      By Eli_jahbot
      My esteemed Autoits I need your help once again.
      I'm trying to figure out how to create a loop that gets 1 value from an array and repeats until each value from the array has been used. I have never used arrays before and I know once I learn more things should get easier for me. 
      Here is what Im trying to do:
      -Have an array of values that determine what application i log into. ex: app1, app2, app3, app4 etc.
      -Have a loop that repeats a process sequentially using each value in the array to finish the process for each app1, app2, app 3 and so forth. I have 30 apps that I need to update on a regular basis and getting this sorted out is what I perceive to be the best way to do it.
      Here is my feeble attempt that obviously fails:
      #include <msgboxconstants.au3>
      #include <Constants.au3>
      #include <array.au3>
      Login()
      Func Login()
          local $array[30] = ["10", "11", "12",etc etc]
          ;;Local $site = InputBox("ERx Site","What site do you want to login as?","","")
          Local $userid = InputBox("ERx Login", "What is your username?", "", "")
          Local $Passwd = InputBox("Security Check", "Enter your UAT password.", "", "*")
      for $1 = 1 to 30(I need to do the same steps in 30 different apps)
      run("Z:launch.exe")
      WinWaitActive("Input")
      Send (Sequential ARRAY VALUE HERE)
      Send("{ENTER}")
      WinWaitActive("window")
      Send($userid)
      Send("{TAB}")
      send($Passwd)
      Send("{ENTER}")
      WinWaitActive("[CLASS:SunAwtDialog]")
      Sleep(500)
      WinClose("Home Page")
      Next
      EndFunc

your help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks for your time
    • 9252Survive
      By 9252Survive
      Hi All, 

I am fairly new to AutoIT and I am still trying to learn, I have been using _FileListToArray to list all the files with a particular extension in an array and then loop through it for operation  (   For $i = 1 To UBound($FileArray) - 1).
      So far this has been working fine. But I am not able to figure out a problem that I have; what if I have 50 files but I only want to loop through first 10 files and then next ten and so on?  Or rather I should say, how I can I only feed max 10 files to the array at a time when I do _FileListToArray regardless of the total number of files in the folder?
      Any insight/help will be much appreciated 
    • NiftRex
      By NiftRex
      I'm trying to get an array from a website so that I can just get the url, but I am not sure how. I read a bit of arrays but I have a feeling I'd have to be writing a lot more than what I should be. I will include the script I have so far and the API url for what I want.

API: https://api.fast.com/netflix/speedtest?https=true&token=YXNkZmFzZGxmbnNkYWZoYXNkZmhrYWxm&urlCount=1 (I want the 'url' array that contains the url)

Code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Inet.au3> #include <Array.au3> $site = _INetGetSource('http://api.fast.com/netflix/speedtest?https=true&token=YXNkZmFzZGxmbnNkYWZoYXNkZmhrYWxm&urlCount=1') MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Title", $site[1])  
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      Alright, currently I'm trying to merge two loops:

Local $aArray[99][13] For $iLoop = 1 to 100 $aArray[$iLoop - 1][0] = RegEnumKey("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration", $iLoop) If @error <> 0 Then ReDim $aArray[$iLoop - 1][13] ExitLoop EndIf Next For $iLoop1 = 0 to UBound($aArray, 1) - 1 For $iLoop2 = 1 to 12 $aArray[$iLoop1][$iLoop2] = RegEnumKey("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\" & $aArray[$iLoop1][0], $iLoop2) If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop Next Next  
      into one. Here's what I have so far:

Local $aArray[99][13] For $iLoop1 = 0 to UBound($aArray, 1) - 1 For $iLoop2 = 0 to 12 ConsoleWrite("Loop1 = " & $iLoop1 & ", Loop2 = " & $iLoop2 & @CRLF) If $iLoop2 = 0 Then $aArray[$iLoop1][0] = RegEnumKey("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration", $iLoop1 + 1) If @error <> 0 Then ReDim $aArray[$iLoop1 + 1][13] ExitLoop EndIf Else $aArray[$iLoop1][$iLoop2] = RegEnumKey("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\" & $aArray[$iLoop1][0], $iLoop2) If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop EndIf Next Next And it keeps error-ing out trying to exceed the dimension range of the array. Does the Loop not recheck the size of the array after the original check or am I doing something else wrong.

Thanks.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Hi guys! How are you? Hope you're fine
      I'm trying to use SQLite for managing some data, and, I would like to display my "retrieved" data, but I'm trying to do a select from 2 table, and seems to not work properly...
      What I'd like to do is retrieve data from 2 tables and display in a listview...
      I tried with:
      Local $aRisultato, $iRighe, $iColonne, $iRVal $iRval = _SQLite_GetTable2d($hDatabase, "SELECT * FROM Magazzino_Rockwell, Magazzino_Siemens;", $aRisultato, $iRighe, $iColonne) If $iRVal = $SQLITE_OK Then ;_SQLite_Display2DResult($aRisultato) _ArrayDisplay($aRisultato) EndIf ... but it displays a single record 41 times, and it does this thing for every record in the database...
      What do you need to help me?
      Thanks  

EDIT:
      Managed with a double If and double query like this:

$iRval = _SQLite_GetTable2d($hDatabase, "SELECT * FROM Magazzino_Rockwell;", $aRisultato, $iRighe, $iColonne) If $iRVal = $SQLITE_OK Then Local $aRisultatoRockwell = $aRisultato $iRval = _SQLite_GetTable2d($hDatabase, "SELECT * FROM Magazzino_Siemens;", $aRisultato, $iRighe, $iColonne) If $iRVal = $SQLITE_OK Then _ArrayConcatenate($aRisultato, $aRisultatoRockwell) Local $i, $sRiga, $s_LV_Item For $i = 1 To Ubound($aRisultato) - 1 $sRiga = $aRisultato[$i][0] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][1] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][2] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][3] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][4] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][5] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][6] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][7] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][8] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][9] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][10] & "|" & _ $aRisultato[$i][11] $s_LV_Item = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($sRiga, $lv_Lista) Next And so, the listview is created
      If anyone has another more efficient way, I'm here Thanks guys