Vuze silent install

Boss007

Hi all, I am trying to write a simple script to install Vuze on multiple machines and to uncheck the random options to install three pieces of baggage that I do not want instaled. eg: Vuze toolbar,Bing search homepage hijacker, and robo form installation.

I am a newbie and my problem is that vuze which is written in java does not display window information because the installation windows are the [CLASS:SunAwtFrame; INSTANCE: ] type.

I can only get absolute screen positions for the buttons I want to uncheck and clickthis is no good. .

Winwait activates on window info don't work, Control clicks on class info dosen't work ,Mouse clicks on the absolute screen positions only works randomly due to the varying times it takes the different windows to open.

is there a silent switch or way of installing vuze unattended without the baggage?,

below is the code that gets partial way.

Run("D:\software\Vuze_Installer.exe")

; the next line works because it a windows o/s security warning screen with window info available

ControlClick("Open File - Security Warning", "", "&Run")

; I dont think the next line works but the send space line after it does

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Vuze 4.6","")

Send("{SPACE}")

;the next two lines only work because of the delay entered without both of them the decline vuze toolbar mouse

click line fails

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Vuze 4.6","", 5000)

WinWait("[CLASS:SunAwtFrame]", "", 5000)

;decline vuze toolbar

MouseClick("left",422,490,1)

;the next 2 lines which click the same button to continue the install do not work

ControlClick("Setup - Vuze 4.6", "", "[CLASS:SunAwtFrame; INSTANCE: ]", "left", 1, 444, 377)

ControlClick("Setup - Vuze 4.6", "", "&Next")

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Vuze is using Install4J installer which generally supports silent installations with the '-q' flag

Try

RunWait ( "D:\software\Vuze_Installer.exe -q" )
DirRemove ( @ProgramFilesDir & '\AskBar', 1 )
Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

That won't get past his other problem of the bundled crapware. There is a way around this but it does take a bit of work. What you can do is build a Wise installer package. How it works is you take a clean PC and using Wise you take a snapshot of the machine. Install the software manually then take a second snapshot. Gather all the changes and build a installer with them. That way you can set your software exactly the way you want it. Not to mention you can install silently, do logging of the install, and anything else you need.

Edited by MPH