Script (WinExists) runs fine on my PC but other PCs no go.

randee

I am a NOOB so don't beat me up to bad.

Trying to make a script to install several pieces of software.

Script works fine on my machine and works up until a certain point on other PCs.

The "WinExists" command doesn't seem to work on non-AutoIT installed PCs.

Spent the last few days trying to figure it out and searching the forum, couldn't find anything.

I thought it was a problem between XP and Vista, but then I tried it on another XP machine and still no response. Am I not including something I should?

I would appreciate any help, thanks!

RandEE

EDIT: I should add that AutoIT rocks... I think it's going to help me out immensely!

If GUICtrlRead($I_shockwave) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
;msgbox (0,"msg","install " & GUICtrlRead($I_shockwave,1))
GUICtrlSetData($lbl_status,"Installing " & GUICtrlRead($I_shockwave,1))
;RunWait("Shockwave_Installer_Slim.exe /S")
    RunWait("Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe")
   Local $Done = False
   While Not $Done
    If WinExists("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player") Then
     sleep(1000)
     ControlSend("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player", "","", "{TAB}")
     sleep(1000)
     ControlSend("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player", "","", "{SPACE}")
     sleep(1000)
     ControlSend("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player", "","", "{TAB}")
     sleep(1000)
     ControlSend("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player", "","", "{SPACE}")
     sleep(1000)

ElseIf WinExists("Adobe Shockwave Player Setup", "Successfully Completed") Then
     sleep(1000)
     ControlSend("Adobe Shockwave Player Setup", "", "","{ENTER}")
     sleep(1000)
     ;ControlClick($title, "", "Button1")
     $Done = True
    Else
     Sleep(500)
     ContinueLoop
    EndIf
   WEnd
    sleep(1000)
   Else
    ;msgbox (0,"msg","skipping " & GUICtrlRead($I_shockwave,1))
   EndIf

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Edited by randee

Welcome to Autoit!

I may not be exactly correct! but i can give small suggestion instead of using Sleep() function why don't you use Winwait() function to get the window and do your command?

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

I dont think you should be using RunWait(). RunWait() should be stopping your script until Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe has finished (not allowing it to go into the while loop). Try changing that to just Run(). I agree with Syed23 that you should be using either WinWait() or WinWaitActive() instead of WinExist(). Controls can resist commands like ControlSend() or ControlClick() if they are not the active window.

Edit: About the winexist() only working on some pc's, I highly doubt thats the problem. To verify thats not it you can simply launch the installer manually, then run a small script that just checks winexist().

If WinExists("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player") Then msgbox(0,'','Window Exists')
Edited by Beege

I dont think you should be using RunWait(). RunWait() should be stopping your script until Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe has finished (not allowing it to go into the while loop). Try changing that to just Run(). I agree with Syed23 that you should be using either WinWait() or WinWaitActive() instead of WinExist(). Controls can resist commands like ControlSend() or ControlClick() if they are not the active window.

Edit: About the winexist() only working on some pc's, I highly doubt thats the problem. To verify thats not it you can simply launch the installer manually, then run a small script that just checks winexist().

If WinExists("Installing Adobe Shockwave Player") Then msgbox(0,'','Window Exists')

Doh!

I wonder why it worked on my machine? I am sure I screwed something up...

That makes complete sense though. Spent a lot of time looking at that code, can't believe I didn't think about that. Really appreciate the 2nd set of eyes! Thanks Beege & Syed23

I know this may be a little late, but I use silent install options for installing software most of the time. It makes it easier when I have to push the software to hundreds of PCs. Check this out for Shockwave.

Silent installation and configurations of Shockwave player

Also look at AppDeploy.com on how to silently install other software packages.

Adam