Sign in to follow this  
lynira

Trouble with Forms

lynira

Hey there. I'm relatively new to Autoit, so I apologize in advance if my question is silly.

In a program I'm writing, I'm stuck on this one part: All I want to do is select an option from a drop-down menu on a webpage. The trouble is, I can't get the object reference for the form or for the form element because neither of them have names. I haven't been able to get it to work using indexes either. (Though I have to admit, I have no idea what to enter as the index for the form element that I want... Normally I'd look it up in the "form elements" section of IEBuilder, but it doesn't even show up there. How can that be? ...I do have to be logged in to the site in order to even see the drop-down menu... could that be causing problems?)

(By the way, I've tried selecting an option from a drop-down list on another website, and I was able to do it with no problems. I just got the form and element names using IEBuilder, and it worked fine, so I don't think it's the structure of my code that's the problem.)

Anyway, my question is, is there another way to get the object reference for the form and form element so I can make it work?

PsaltyDS

Not enough info about the page.

Post the html or a site reference we can look at, perhaps from _IEBodyReadHTML().

If the form is an embedded flash object or such thing not drawn by the browser, then you are out of luck.

:graduated:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law