question about skinning

Hi, I am thinking about buying appface but I am having problems with the demo. I am new to programming and want to try it, I tried skincrafter and got the code from here, but need some help with the code, in the help files it says this:

Step 1 . Copy appface.dll and URF skins to current project directory and declare interface

function just like transferring any Win32 API.

* Step 2 . Call SkinStart("yoururf.urf",0,0,1,0,0) before the first window created .

* Step 3. Call SkinRemove() before the process terminated

Compile ... all is OK! So simple and easy to master for whoever who knows Win32 basic programming!

I contacted them maybe thinking they could help but they said they don't know autoit and could not help, can these things be done with autoit and if so could someone help me. I just want to try it, buy if it works, it's cheaper than skincraft and get on with my programming learning, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have seen some other thread refering to appface and skincraft say that one was closed due to copyright restrictions, I hope I am not violating any rules by asking this.

Hi Ramzes, I'm just barely learning, trying to learn from examples, here is some code I tried but it doe not work

GUISetState()

$Dll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\appface.dll")

DllCall($Dll, "int:cdecl", "InitDecoration", "appface.dll")

DllCall($Dll, "int:cdecl", "SkinStart",0,0,1,0,0, @ScriptDir & "\pixos")

DllCall($Dll, "int:cdecl", "ApplySkin")

I know it's wrong but at least I am trying, could you help me know what I am doing wrong, it would be appreciated, thanks

I kinda need some more help, I'm not understanding type1, param1,type2,param2,typeN

This is what I have but it's not working, I know it's still wrong but don't know what I am doing

GUISetState()

$dll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\appface.dll")

$dll = DllCall($dll, "int", @ScriptDir & "\appface.dll")

$result = DllCall("appface.dll", "int", "SkinStart", "yoururf.urf", 0, 0, 1, 0, @ScriptDir & "\pixos.urf")

DllCall($Dll, "int", "SkinRemove()")

I read the help file, but still don't understand, I thought 0,0,1,0 was the types and parameters, could someone who has used appface maybe give me a little help or show some working code for me to study, I don't really want anyone to do the work for me, but I'm new to all this and if I see some working code, I'll might know what I am doing wrong, Thanks in advance

I guess you haven't read it enough carefully. Parameter type can't be "0" or "1". Look at the table below "Valid Types are".

Btw. I use

Sorry for my bad English but nobody is perfect. [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Ramzes[/font]