Gimagex in Windows PE 3.0

ITDude

I'm in the process of upgrading our Windows PE images from 2.0 to 3.0. My problem is that I've created a fresh PE image and added gimagex to it. I boot to the PE image and gimagex comes up fine. My problem is that I do not get prompted for credentials. The destination where I want to capture the image to requires specific credentials, but I'm not asked for them and always get "Error: Unable to write to <location>." On the old PE 2.0 there were 3 tabs and the first tab was for you to map a drive. This gimagexv2 doesn't have that "Drive Map" tab. I've tried to put the old gimagex from the 2.0 image into the 3.0 image and everything appears fine except when I click to Capture, I get the message below:

Window Name is "AutoIT Error"

Line 0 (File "X:\Windows\gimagex\gimagex.exe"):

$ret = RunWait($sCmd, @WorkingDir, @SW_SHOW)

Error: Unable to exectue the external program.

The system cannot find the file specified.

post-67914-0-56915000-1319116123_thumb.j

What would be nice would be to have the new version of gimagex work in the Windows PE 3.0 image and have it look like the old gimagex (just the 3 tabs) since the 3 tabs are all we've ever needed/used.

Edited by ITDude

Ok, I found my issue(s). I did not have imagex.exe in the same folder. Once I moved that in there, it was fine...well, it kept dying on me and I realized that I had modified the gimagex.ini file to be "Destination=.wim" so that the technicians don't have to wipe out "MyWim.wim", but I accidentally wiped out the drive letter to. It should've been "Destination=M:\.wim". It would start, then a cmd window would flash really fast and I kept getting glimpses of an error. After about 20 times, I put together that it was saying something about "not enough space"....so I figured I needed to look at the drive where the destination was pointing. That's when I realized that I messed up the .ini by completely removing the driver letter. Anyway, it's working.