Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IanN1990

[Solved] Block Mouse Input

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Heya

The following code sets me away for msn, steam and skype. Problem is if the mouse is moved at all during this code it all goes a little wrong :graduated: So i would like to block all mouse input while the code is being run. I did a little search on the forum but could only come up with blockinput"which didn't work" and mousetraping which in my case wouldn't work as i need the mouse to be moved to the locations

#NoTrayIcon
$CurrentPos = MouseGetPos()
WinActivate ("Friends")
MouseMove(-1810,40,0)
Mouseclick("Left")
send("{Down 1}")
send("{Enter}")
WinSetState("Friends","",@SW_MINIMIZE)

MouseMove(-1825,65,0)
Mouseclick("Left")
send("{Down 1}")
send("{Enter}")

MouseMove(-1875,605,0)
Mouseclick("Left")
send("{Down 1}")
send("{Enter}")
MouseMove($CurrentPos[0], $CurrentPos[1], 0)

Anyone have any ideas ?

Edited by IanN1990

If you're on Vista or Win7 you need #RequireAdmin to use blockinput.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

yea i had a feeling, but this script runs on lock off and log on. So a UCA pop-up is the last thing i need :S

Have you tried ControlClick and ControlSend instead of the unreliable MouseClick and Send?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

nope, i agree mouseclick and send are not the best but it was a nice fast thing that mostly works

Looking at the Help file of controlclick and controlsend it looks a little complex.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

so after a little while reading and trying out them. I can see why it would be the more prefered option over the mouseclicks stuff but i am having issues with control click

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, x [, y ]]]] )

Controlclick("Windows Live Messenger","","[CLASS:MSBLWindowClass]","left",1,50,50) but nothing happens

after a while of searching i came across this post

it seams trying to use cords in this command is very compelx and troublesome, http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/user/35302-guinness/ said "As you can see from this Example you don't necessarily need the coordinates if you have the ControlID and Window Handle."

How would i go about getting the ControlID and Window Handle ?

Using the Auto WIndow info doesn't let me hover over the status button, it takes msn live as a whole

Edited by IanN1990