Finding Text from a Non- Searchable list

rxdesai

Hey everyone, I am new to AutoIT, but not to programming. I have already made a couple of helpful scripts, but this one has me stumped. I have a long list of non-searchable items within an application, ImageNow. I would like to easily add users to locations, but right now I have to scroll the list to find the location number and then go into it and perform the actions. I was hoping for an easy way for AutoIT to find the string and select it. Once this is done I can easily program the rest. I have attatched a file of the list for reference. Please let me know if anyone know how to do this or has any other ideas about creating this.

Thanks for the help. I can't believe I didn't find this software earlier.

post-68309-0-65145900-1320959912_thumb.p

I don't think that will work. From what I can tell the list has to be editable text. I'm looking for something that can scroll up and down a GUI List. From what I understand you have to build a list with the command and then reference the values within it?

EDIT:

This might work. Can AutoIT reference other GUI windows? Ones that are not made in AutoIT? I would basically like to have the window activate and then find the specified value and select it. It seems feasible with that command.

Edited by rxdesai