AutoIT script & remote desktop

Stevensm

Hello,

I have a script that I use for performance logging (some basic action and after each action the time is logged).

The AutoIT and the target application is running on the same machine.

Because the performance is so bad that I would like to move the application to a remote server (users physically in Belgium, application in Singapore).

This to minimize network traffic.

To see if this is a solution I would like to use the existing AutoIT script and run it locally and access the application in Singapore (via remote desktop).

Can use AutoIT for this ? How to open a remote session and launch actions ?

Thanks for you reactions !

Mark

The AutoIt script would be copied to a local drive on the remote server. Access the server with remote desktop and run the script directly on the server. The app and script are still both located in the same place, the only change is the location of the console used to run it (your rdp client at the remote location).

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Setup 1 :

pc running web application locally that connects to remote database

Problem : very bad performance

Created an autoIT script that executes application actions and log timings ==> performence logging

Setup 2 :

pc connect via RDP to a session were the application is running (within network were database runs)

I try to examine if setup 2 gives better performance. So I rewrote the existing AutoIT script. Instead of executing the application locally this script connects via RDP and runs the application remote. This new script runs without problem but I noticed a very bad performance. Screen builds up very slow. Without AutoIT - doing the same steps manually via RDP - it runs much faster.

I guess that AutoIT is not a good tool to do this type of test ??? Is this conclusion correct ?

Can somebody share some experiences ? Any suggestions ? Other tools that can do the trick ?

thanks,

Mark

I managed to get the AutoIT script running on my pc that connects via RDP to a remote session where an application is executed.

Goal is to know