Marking Files With AutoIt

Hello!

Is it possible to automatically select files within a file manager using AutoIt? I want to be able to do it without simulating mouse/keyboard gestures. Probably through dll calls, but I have no solid clue about how to do it.

Let's say there's a Windows Explorer window displaying 3 files. After running the script, I'd like to have 2 of them selected (as if ctrl+clicked) based on parameters passed to the script (like file base names).

Thank you!

• Moderators

Hi, ineedh3lp. Are you opening the Explorer window or is another program? If you are opening it, you can use the FileOpenDialog function. Check the Helpfile, but I believe option 4 allows you to multi-select.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for the suggestion, JLogan, but I do not want to initiate an Open File Dialog, jut automatically select one or more files present in the current view of a folder in Windows Explorer (or another file manager).

Thank you for the resource, KaFu. I will check it and report back.

KaKu, I have tested the code and it works well selecting a single item, but is it possible to select multiple items? I know how to process an array or string of items, I only want to know if the procedure can be modified to allow multiple item selection. Or selecting one item, selecting all and deselecting all are the only possible methods?