HTPC Pop-Up App Launcher

dslate69

I wrote a script to be used as a simple keyboard controlled Pop-Up launcher. It works perfect "functionally".

However, I need some help on the polish.

1) On launch, I can't just hit Enter to select the first button. I can arrow down one and hit enter to launch the second button but I have to arrow down then arrow up for the enter press to launch the first button.

2) I want the contrast of the highlighted button to be more pronounced. Any Ideas? Is there a way to have the size of the font to dynamically change on button focus? or just background color would do.

Any other critiques are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

--

dslate69

MyLauncher.au3

post-56082-0-18418400-1326043340_thumb.p

For the first button after the menu is first show do GUICtrlSetState($whatever_the_button_var_is, $GUI_FOCUS). For the contrast, you'd have to ask someone other than me.

Recommendations:

For successful exits you should do Exit(0) and for non-successful exits have a non-zero value. Helps when seeing if the program ran successfully or not when running the program from another program.

Use a For Next loops, it'll save you quite a few lines.

Use Select and Case statements instead of all those If Thens.

Two words: Sans-Serif Font

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

For the first button after the menu is first show do GUICtrlSetState($whatever_the_button_var_is, $GUI_FOCUS). For the contrast, you'd have to ask someone other than me.

Recommendations:

For successful exits you should do Exit(0) and for non-successful exits have a non-zero value. Helps when seeing if the program ran successfully or not when running the program from another program.

Use a For Next loops, it'll save you quite a few lines.

Use Select and Case statements instead of all those If Thens.

Two words: Sans-Serif Font

I was almost there with the first one. What I had worked but was sloppy as I could set focus on the 2nd Button then send {Up} to initiate gui focus on the first button.

Thanks for the help and advice.