packet being sent to myself?

this is some data from my firewall. it said it blocked "autoit v3 script"

but it didnt block anything.

this command is whats setting it off, yet it still executes just fine. i just get the flag from my firewall.

MouseMove(@DesktopWidth + 100,0,0)

Packet sent from 192.168.0.2 (UDP Port 1031)

to 205.171.3.65 (DNS)

Type Firewall

Protocol UDP

Program svchost.exe

Source IP 192.168.0.2:1031

Destination IP 205.171.3.65:53

Direction Outgoing

just wondering if this is normal, and if anyone else has had an issue with this.

im using zonealarm

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

hm... wiht zonealarm and the winxp firewall i don't know if it is normal, but with my router (hardware)-firewall i don't get a message like this and all scripts run...

ahm, but i'm wondering why the firewall do something, because you don't do anything online with your script o.O

Edited by Lord_Doominik

lol, just dont want some harmless command popping up someone elses firealarm,

from a script i wrote for them,

then blaming me for something that is a silly mistake.

hey larry, if the sky really is falling, how would you be able to see it if it was a clear day?

ill take a beer please.

edit: because its a packet sent and its trying to protect the network, if any. thats why the firewall is blocking it.

i guess you need to send a packet to yourself for that macro to work. or something. and stuff. yeahhhh.....

mmm beeeeeeerrrrr

Edited by t0ddie

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Dont hate on beer...

Yes it makes us fat...

But it makes us happy too :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but then you become mad straight after. Then you start beating up your child, and others in your family. Then you do it again, you go get piss drunk, come home, get pissed because you're stupid for bringing yourself into a trap that layer told you not to go into. Then you attempt to kill yourself, then you're in a mental institution, then, it's all over. That's your life story, a wasted life and waste of space. Sad, but it's true, theres much better ways yo make yourself happy. Shit, I'm only 14 and I get stressed sometimes, that's when I go do my thing where no body can tell me to stop. I skate, squeez a stressball, and think. And it's much better then drinking my life away... :evil:

EDIT: Seriosuly though, if you think I'm stupid for typing this, I don't care lol. I'll be laughing when I told you so... :)

Edited by layer
FootbaG

Isn't this a support forum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, its for support. Doesn't it annoy you that somebody that doesn't have enough working brain cells to figure out a problem on their own, or at least figure out enough to provide us with usable information is always running off killing more brain cells when he can't figure out a problem. Look at virtually any thread by t0ddie and at the question asked, hen look at how long the thread is dragged out with people trying to explain whatever it is to him and how long he goes on not understanding. His typical response in the past instead of trying to figure it out on his own is to give up and go have a beer while some poor forum member has to try and explain everything to him. So while you're working away trying to help him, remember, he's probably sitting back having a beer.

Uhh,,, i was actually just trying to push valiks button, seemed like a good thing to do at the time, but oops, my bad. Didnt mean to start a huge argument.

The funniest part is that I hate beer... muhahaha.

t0ddie, Never had this issue. My AutoIt scripts don't set off the firewall unless I use script steps that send traffic.

1) is your script, or the exe installed on a network drive?

2) is the autoit version you have from autoitscript.com, or downloaded from a different site? (download.com got hacked last week for instance, might only be a rumor)

3) is that the only script step? Just wondering. No other scripts included?

#include hacker.au3
mousemove(100,100)

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

valik you have always regarded me as stupid and lazy.

so its no suprise that every post i make (in your eyes) is worthless and that im begging for help while i do nothing.

not that you care about my, or olmost anyones opinion (cant say everyone, i dont know) but your arrogance is distastefully ANNOYING

Hi guys,

why not stop bashing and bitching?

@t0ddie.

The firewall alarm was for sure not triggered by MouseMove() and I'm pretty sure that it did not say "blocked autoit v3 script". The logs you sent states, that there has been a DNS request. I guess you either surfed the net while you ran the script or some application tried to update in the background. So, just ignore it or check who started the DNS request. Be sure it's not MoseMove(). However it could be another part of your script (only network functions).

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

well the thing is i RECENTLY changed a setting on my firewall to show ALL alerts

and i have seen alot of them lately.

i thought it was the @desktopwidth macro but i dont think it is.

but im telling you, i just use mousemove, and dont use any macro with it at all...

just a script with nothing in it except that one command.

so its not anything else.

i run it BOOM

here let me do it again. ill get the exact message im getting on this computer here,

.... ok so now im running it and its not doing the message...

christ!

all i know is i comented that command out of my main script, the message stoppped. then i uncomment it and the message comes back.

then i tried a script with only that command in it and i isolated the problem

although, now its not doing it. ooh,l i must have the alerts off cause they were annoying.

Description Packet sent from 192.168.0.2 (UDP Port 1027) to 205.171.3.65 (DNS) was blocked

Rating Medium

Date / Time 2005/07/17 07:43:14-5:00 GMT

Type Firewall

Protocol UDP

Program svchost.exe

Source IP 192.168.0.2:1027

Destination IP 205.171.3.65:53

Direction Outgoing

Action Taken Blocked

Count 1

Source DNS JENNA

Destination DNS

and yes, the alert said it blocked autoit v3 script.

its not that big of a deal seriously guys, i was just CURIOUS!

i never noticed it before cause i didnt show all alerts.

but im getting alerts from other things as well, like websites

anyways, time for breakfast (grabs a beer)

t0ddie, if you don't know how to use your firewall, turn it off. Obviously, if you would even read the alert, you would see that it is not AutoIt. "svchost.exe" is not an AutoIt process, its a Windows system process. If you've turned it up to show all alerts, then you are going to get an alert for virtually everything because that is what you told the firewall to do.