Transparent Radio or Checkbox for windows 7

I have read through many forums saying it is possible to make $gui_bkcolor_transparent work on radio or checkboxs but only in window 2000.

On the help file it never says which os it will work with. Has any one been able to get this to work on windows 7.

Cheers

$VipreRescueLbl = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Vipre Rescue", 400, 30, 112, 24)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(Default, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

From the Help Reference: The special flag $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT can be used with Label, Group, Radio, Checkbox controls to give them a transparent background.

Edited by JamesDover

I haven't tried with the latest AutoIt release, but the previous release the Radio text won't show up over glass. You have to use a label and cut the size of the radio down so that it just covers the dot control. If you're not using glass then it doesn't matter.

The work around looks good. The side effect is clicking on the text has no effect. The user has to click directly on the dot. :)

Edited by MilesAhead

• 6 years later...
On 19/01/2012 at 10:23 PM, JamesDover said:

Got it figured out needed DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "none", "SetThemeAppProperties", "int", 0) at the first to disable windows themes.

You should have written in bold, I've missed it first time I red your post :(

I found an other thread where there's an example in comment 9 with radio : https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/1824

Anyway thanks for the info ;)