Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rossati

autofit label control

12 posts in this topic

Hello

The autofit of label seems not working after creation, i.e. a GUICtrlSetData not change the width.

It is normal? Or it may be a bug?

Thanks

Jonh Rossati

That's normal. It has a width, and it keeps it regardless of data.

Search around for I would give you alternatives, but I don't think any are needed when you have that in your toolbox :)

Thanks

The Melba package surely is useful bat i had hoped that there was a methodo more compact.

John Rossati

rossati,

Nothing more "compact" I am afraid - that is why I wrote StringSize. ;)

If you post the code you are using we can look to see how we might help you fit StringSize into it. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks Melba23

I worked around, because the problem is relatively trivial, having to align the label to a larger.

For this I use ControlGetPos, however, if my text is BOLD, I must correct the length, then the question is: the value of fontweight is proportional to the size of the character?

best regards

John Rossati

rossati,

No, font weight and font size are independent parameters. Font weight is the degree of bolding (400 = normal; 600 = bold) - font size is the size of the characters. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Yes, but I think he is asking if the two are proportional, the answer as you say is that they are independant parameters, but in reality, there is almost always a positive correlation between them.

If you don't need some of the more advanced word wrapping stuff Melba added then perhaps take a look at instead.

Mat,

My UDF now uses trancexx's code (properly credited :)) to get the size - and if you omit the $iWidth and $hWnd parameters should give you the same result (albeit in a slightly different array format). ;)

M23

Spoiler

Mat,

My UDF now uses trancexx's code (properly credited :)) to get the size - and if you omit the $iWidth and $hWnd parameters should give you the same result (albeit in a slightly different array format). ;)

M23

I know, but you also include alot of other code (word wrapping etc.) that the OP has already says he doesn't want for whatever reason. That's why I suggested tranceXX's version, as it is much more basic,

Thanks to Mat and Melba

What i asked for, but i have already verified that it is not true, it is if fontwheight 600 is larger by 1.5 compared to a fontwheight 400.

Johon Rossati

rossati,

larger by 1.5

I think you exaggerating a bit there. I would expect the increase to be nearer 10% - as you can see here: :)

#include <StringSize.au3>

$aRet_400 = _StringSize("FontWeight", 12, 400)

$aRet_600 = _StringSize("FontWeight", 12, 600)

MsgBox(0, "Results",  "Weight = 400:" & @TAB & $aRet_400[2] & " - " & $aRet_400[3] & @CRLF & _
            "WEight = 600:" & @TAB & $aRet_600[2] & " - " & $aRet_600[3] & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "Increase in width: " & Int(($aRet_600[2] - $aRet_400[2]) / $aRet_400[2] * 100) & "%" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
            "Increase in Height: " & Int(($aRet_600[3] - $aRet_400[3]) / $aRet_400[3] * 100) & "%")

M23

Spoiler

Thanks

I agree

John Rossati