SciTE change syntax parameter highlight color?

DrLarch

OK, sorry to be picky, but I'm trying to run the calltips with a black background. Yes, did a full reinstall of AutoIt and the full SciTE install as well. I'd like the dark blue to be something else, anything. If it's not possible, then I can just run calltips with a white background, but still, the dark blue highlight seems unmovable.

Posted Image

Edited by DrLarch

• Developers

Ok so it was working but just not able to set the Highlight color for the Selected param.

Then you need to load the LUA script you were pointed to which works fine for me.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

See if this doesn't do what you want:

I see another issue in the LUA script. The "function myCallTips:BGR2Decimal(BGR)" returns "error" in case the color is the wrong length, but you test on "Error" in "function myCallTips:set_highlight_color()" and the test is case sensitive. :) Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok so it was working but just not able to set the Highlight color for the Selected param.

Then you need to load the LUA script you were pointed to which works fine for me.

Jos

Yes - that's what I've been trying to get across - it's the highlight color that won't budge.

I see another issue in the LUA script. The "function myCallTips:BGR2Decimal(BGR)" returns "error" in case the color is the wrong length, but you test on "Error" in "function myCallTips:set_highlight_color()" and the test is case sensitive. ;)

:) OK, so what exactly do I need to change to make this work?

• Developers

1. Download these 2 files from the Beta directory and store them in @autoIt3DirSciTELUA:

SciTEStartup.lua

SciTE_extras.lua

2. Add these lines to your SciTEUser.properties:

## CallTips
# Display the calltip above the function
calltips.set.above=0
# Set the fore and back color of the calltip window
style.au3.38=fore:#FFFFFF,back:#15191E
# Set the highlight color of the function argument
calltips.color.highlight=#FF0000

and you should be ready to play with the calltips.color.highlight value.

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Works fine for me. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Well then I must be doing something completely wrong, but I don't know where. I can change the foreground & background colors easily enough by changing the values in the code Jos posted. I also tried installing AutoIt on a freshly imaged workstation (have lots around here to play with). Installed AutoIt first and then the full scite install and finally replaced/added the two lua files and added the ## calltips line (copied and pasted) as Jos said on a freshly imaged PC (got lots here to play with). I dunno, hate to keep pestering you guys about this, so I'll just deal with it. I appreciate the time and effort though. Thanks!

Edit: Oh and SciTE sometimes coughs up this error in the bottom window:

C:Program FilesAutoIt3SciTELuaSciTE_extras.lua:31: bad argument #1 to 'SendEditor' (number expected, got nil)

Edited by DrLarch

You're using the outdated CallTips.lua. Use the two lua files that Jos referenced in his last post.

No, I downloaded Jos files (from above) as instructed & put them in the @autoIt3DirSciTELUA folder (replacing SciTEStartup.lua & adding SciTE_extras.lua). Can I be any more clear? There also is no such file as "CallTips.lua" anywhere within my AutoIt folder structure. Like I said in my last post, I did this on a completely fresh install of WinXP as well - with same results. Edited by DrLarch

• Developers

Relax ... I get the same Error with SciTE 2.28.

I am testing/Working with the current Beta version 3.03 of SciTE and SciLexer.dll from here.

Try that ...

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.