Radio Online (a very beautiful Radio/TV/MP3/WMA player)

nend

Radio Online Radio/TV/MP3/WMA player

This is a player witch I'm working on for the last past years.

This player is a big succes in Holland (54000 times started in one month)

This program has been published (a few years ago) in a computer magazine (Computer idee).

This is the first version witch can be installed in English (totally translated version), other languages will follow in time.

This is not a official version, first I wants to know what all the "AutoIt gurus" thinks about it.

There will come more foreign radio/TV station in the future.

Functions:

- More than 140 radio stations

- Open Shoutcast PLS files

- More than 50 TV stations

- Easy to insert your own stations

- Favorites

- Almost everthing can be controlled with hotkeys

- Plays MP3, WMA and M3U files

- Full screen option with MP3/WMA

- MSN messenger link

- Multi user

- Freeware

- spyware, adware virus free!

- Radio Online Recorder (to record your radio station to mp3)

Please let me know what you think of it.

Popup MP3/WMA

Posted Image

Glassbar option (this gives information a bout the stations/artist/title)

Posted Image

Radio Station shortcuts

Posted Image

Main menu

Posted Image

Fullscreen (jukebox option) with lyrics option

Posted Image

Configuration screen

Posted Image

Not all the screenshot are in English but when you install this programma in English you will see that everthything is translated

This program works only on Windows Vista or Window 7

Download the program here

Edited by nend

Don't use the "update station" until this version is officieel released.

Other wise it will corupt your Radio Online database.

Edit: I've adjusted the program so this would be any problem anymore

Edited by nend

Almost 24 Hours and totaly no response. :)

Have anyone tried it?

I've spent many hours to translate this project so you guys can test it.

Please take a look at it and let me know what you think about it.

Edited by nend

Pretty neat. OK, I kinda wish there was a better interface though. I don't want to have to remember a bunch of hotkeys. And is there a way to maintain a library?

@LaCastiglione,

Most of the hotkeys are the multimedia keys by your keyboard.

The power of this app is just to be as minimum as interface, so you can work on your pc whitout useless windows

What kind of interface do you have in mind?

@trancxx,

A first thanks for the reply!

The keyboards hotkeys (most of them are multimedia keys) are working great for me.

Jou can also use the controls in the icon in the systray.

You can also shutdown the hotkeys by configuration I've you dont like them.

Almost everything can be adjusted in the configuration screen.

New station - go to configuration - radio stations an add a new station

No, don't let me intrude. If you intended for a minimal interface then so be it.

A first thanks for the reply!

Hey! I was your first! Right? Or were there others? :)

@LaCastiglione,

This program works different then you used to be (I think).

Just work with it for a while and you get used to it and I think you will love it.

But in holland this program exits for about 5 years and people love it (+- 1800 starts a day and the amount is growing every day).

Radio stations come to me for inserting there stations into the database that installed with this program.

Edited by nend

It seems pretty nice, but why can't I delete the stations that you've included with it? I don't like the fact that I'm perrmanently stuck with a bunch of radio/tv stations I'll never use and have no way of getting rid of. Also, most of the TV stations don't seem to work either that or the TV station viewer portion of the program isn't working because 90% of the time nothing shows up, or it disappears after a second or 2.

Running under Vista x86, UAC turned off.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BreManNH,

The Tv stations with Ziggo or UPC can only be watch when you have a intenet connection from them.

The TV stations works not all the time because they not transmitted all the time.

I also think that a lot of TV stations blocked the views outside the Netherlands (if the station is from the netherlands)

I've made so that you not have the permission to delete stations witch er inserted by this software.

Stations of your own can be deleted.

If you only wont to see your stations witch your like set the station af favorit and appear at the top in the main menu.

if there is enough demand for it I will collect and mantian a database of staions by country.

Edited by nend

I've made so that you not have the permission to delete stations witch er inserted by this software.

Well, that's very disappointing.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hey, I just wanted to mention this, whether it is a co-incidence or not.

Yesterday, I started it up and started watching NBC Mobile. I started watching again today, and it started in the exact same spot and stopped in the exact same spot. It seems to be playing a recording of the today show in america, from christmas day last year.

Also, I have had many problems connecting to channels like Nickelodian (I'm just a big kid :)) and pretty much any other english sounding channels.

Otherwise, I like the program. As mentioned before, the lack of an interface can be annoying, so that would be something to look forward to if you were to implement one, and also, it would be nicer to have the option that the taskbar text stays until it is dismissed (I have found a few times that it flashes and goes away before I have time to respond and read it). Otherwise, it is a nice little program. Well done.

Edited by Mikeman27294

1800 Starts a day you say? Does this program call home and alert you when someone starts the program?

I'd like to know this as well, how are you able to tell that it's been "started" 1800 times a day? What else is this program sending home when it's running?

@LaCastiglione and @BreManNH,

1800 Starts a day you say? Does this program call home and alert you when someone starts the program?

Yeah thats right!

Everytime some one start this program it connects to a php site and the php site linked to a database.

So I can see from all my freeware programs how much they are used.

Radio Online also makes a connection to a database if you connected to a radio/tv station and you listingen more than 30 sec to it (he gives the name of the station)

Nothing special just statictics.

This is the link to my statictics page (for the non believers :) ) http://www.nendsoftware.nl/php/stats.php

It's in dutch but it is'nt hard to understand all the amount you see are statisics of this month and if you hover over it you get the day statistics (keep in mind that you live in other time zone).

Edited by nend

@Mikeman27294,

Yesterday, I started it up and started watching NBC Mobile. I started watching again today, and it started in the exact same spot and stopped in the exact same spot. It seems to be playing a recording of the today show in america, from christmas day last year.

I will look into it, weekly I'll check automatic the station if they start playing but never really look at all the stations.

Also, I have had many problems connecting to channels like Nickelodian (I'm just a big kid :)) and pretty much any other english sounding channels.

Channels like nickelodeon sound English but this is a dutch version of it (spoken in dutch) and a lot of these channels are blocked outside the Netherland (this is something they do by transmitting provider, I think)

If you want those channels I think you had to look for it in your own country, so that they won't get blocked

Otherwise, I like the program. As mentioned before, the lack of an interface can be annoying, so that would be something to look forward to if you were to implement one, and also

I think (and a lot of others that is using this program for a longer time) that this is just the power of this program.

There are no annoying windows witch are bothering you when you working on your pc.

You get the information what your need and everthing else you can controlled by hotkeys (even when your screen is out or in screensaver)

All the hotkeys can be set or un set to almost every key you want (standard there are set to the multimedia keys on your keyboard)

it would be nicer to have the option that the taskbar text stays until it is dismissed (I have found a few times that it flashes and goes away before I have time to respond and read it)

I think this is a bug in the glassbar routine, I would look into it.

When do you see this problem, when you playing radio, tv or mp3?

Otherwise, it is a nice little program. Well done.

Thanks!

Edited by nend