Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StormWalkerZa

Interaction between embeded browser & autoit

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Greetings

I am mainly a web developer, and use autoit for managing things on my servers (automation), so have some experience in getting the 2x environments to communicate with each other, which is currently via a database. Set function on website front end, updates database, auto it checks database every x s / min and executes whats needed.

I now would like to finish off a project that's more on the client side, but similar interaction without the database bridge.

The closest I could find is this post:

but before I go down that route, maybe the guru's here know what I'm talking about and can tell me the correct terms to search for, or how to achieve it.

I basically embed an explorer instance in the GUI, and open up the set URL. On the web-page, a user can click a link/button, and it executes a function i programed into autoit.

Not sure if its GUI or Object related, so mods please move if you feel its best situated elsewhere

So, as an example, i have a special version of a website that's specifically designed to work with my autoit "front end"

On the page is a list of art packs available, with a simple link, something like <a href="AutoItFunctionName("Pack1234")">Install this pack</a>

Clicking that link triggers the named function in auto it, which then downloads the relevant file, and extracts it to where it must go, along with authentication and what not.

That interaction from within the Explorer browser to trigger the AutoIt function is where I am stuck, and any help will be appreciated

All I can find is the direction of autoit -> explorer object, but not the other way round :-/

Thanks !!

Storm

Edited by StormWalkerZa

Wow, didnt expect this, guess it comes down to cant be done, for now ....

No answers is an answer, so will do it all in autoit, must just jack up my coding skills .... :)

You can simply catch the IE-events and then react in your au3 script.

Look for ObjEvent or IEEvents_.

HTH, Reinhard

Greetings

Thanks so much for a direction

I tried a quick and dirty version of both your genral ideas

I used the ie events to grab the url, and then made a dumy function with my refrence in (fake URI);

Works like a bomb, tnks again !!!!

Storm

Nice that it helped you.

Searching for some other I stumbled yesterday evening over the UDF "_IEHeadInsertEventScript()"

Have a look in the help file. Seems to be exact what you need.

best regards, Reinhard