Sign in to follow this  
scrilla103

How to go about getting a control ID from Chrome?

scrilla103

I'm pretty new to autoIt, and I'm looking to use ControlClick() to direct the mouse to a certain control in Chrome.

I can't seem to find the control ID.

I've tried running the Window Info tool and using that Class name with the desired text (formatted like this [CLASS:$classname;TEXT:$text] to no avail. I've also inspected the element by right clicking in Chrome and using that Classname. Heck, I've even tried most of the class names given on the page, still not working.

Is there a technique for getting the control ID? Would it be easier in IE?

Any example/suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

somdcomputerguy

Some Windows programs can't be automated with AutoIt. Internet Explorer is not one of those programs. See the IE Management section in the User Defined Function Reference section of the Help file.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

scrilla103

Really hate IE, but I guess I'll have to use it with AutoIt.

Thanks for the reply!

somdcomputerguy

I don't care for IE myself, personally, but I still have to use it occasionally. There is a Firefox UDF in the Example Scripts section of this forum. That may be an alternative here.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.