Arabic query param with InetGet

tria

Hello,

I am trying to query a service (with InetGet function) and pass a query parameter (after the ? in url), and this param is Arabic text. When I execute the script, it runs fine, but the result or response is not correct (due to Arabic not being passed as it should?). I tried with/without escaping, I also tried reading the string from utf-8 file, and saving the script in utf-8, without any luck. When I copy the URL (with the Arabic param) used in the script and paste it in Firefox, it works fine with the correct response, so I am pretty sure it is an issue related to either AutoIt generally or GetInet specifically. Or, maybe I am missing something.

Would appreciate any help.

Edit: Just to be clear, if I try the same service with English text instead, the response is correct. It is not a problem with the service, rather a problem when using Arabic text with InetGet for a reason that is beyound me.

Edited by tria

Okay, having tested the same request with IE, it appears to me that IE have the same problem (only when I use Arabic). Could it be that InetGet is using IE internally to do the request/response. If so, would there be any other way around this?

Thanks

Yes. I already use the encode function which is provided by ProgAndy. This is not the problem.

I managed to solve the problem. It appears that I need to se additional parameter in the URL query that notify the service that the request is coming from IE based browser (to deal with the way UTF-8 is encoded). So, the solution is not releated to AutoIt, rather to IE and the service.

This has been fixed. Thank you.