Sign in to follow this  
davezub

Regwrite - REG_MULTI_SZ - Append

davezub

Anyone know of a way to get regwrite to append on a reg_multi_sz operation? I'm trying to use the function with the PendingFileRenameOperations reg key and need it to append.

Thanks.

FuryCell

Anyone know of a way to get regwrite to append on a reg_multi_sz operation? I'm trying to use the function with the PendingFileRenameOperations reg key and need it to append.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try something like this pseudocode:

$Key=<Key Here>
$ValueName=<ValueName Here
$OldVal=RegRead($Key,$ValueName)
$NewVal=<New Value Here>
RegWrite($Key,$ValueName,"REG_MULTI_SZ",$OldVal & @LF &  $NewVal)
Edited by SolidSnake

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

davezub

Try somthing like this pseudocode.

$Key=<Key Here>
$ValueName=<ValueName Here
$OldVal=RegRead($Key,$ValueName)
$NewVal=<New Value Here>
RegWrite($Key,$ValueName,"REG_MULTI_SZ",$OldVal & @LF &  $NewVal)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe, thanks, sorry in a pinch and should have tried to figure out before I posted, came up with the same thing - LOL.

$PendingFilename = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager", "PendingFileRenameOperations")
$PendingFilename = $PendingFilename & @LF & "\??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\poweroff.exe" & @LF & "!\??\c:\ldclient\scrap.exe"
msgbox(0,"test", $PendingFilename)

FuryCell

Hehe, thanks, sorry in a pinch and should have tried to figure out before I posted, came up with the same thing - LOL.

$PendingFilename = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager", "PendingFileRenameOperations")
$PendingFilename = $PendingFilename & @LF & "\??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\poweroff.exe" & @LF & "!\??\c:\ldclient\scrap.exe"
msgbox(0,"test", $PendingFilename)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No Problem. :)

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.