self-extraction.exe help plz

I want to make a self-extraction.exe that will extract some batch files I have made to a specific location. Like (C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop) Is there a way to ZIP or put the files in to the exe? Anyone have a link maybe someone did this already I couldn't find one. Or know how this might work or if Autoit can even do this? Not asking for some to do it for me just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

• Developers

I want to make a self-extraction.exe that will extract some batch files I have made to a specific location. Like (C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop) Is there a way to ZIP or put the files in to the exe? Anyone have a link maybe someone did this already I couldn't find one. Or know how this might work or if Autoit can even do this? Not asking for some to do it for me just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Checkout FileInstall() ... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ok I now know how do include the file .DLL and the .BAT within the exe it self

Example (I hope you understand what Im trying to do here)

Install Test.dll

Install Test.bat

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop")

Kind of like winzip self extraction wizard how it already has the files in exe,

only difference here this will not give the option to the user to spiffy a location it will just go to the desktop.

Keep in mind that the computer that is running this doesnt have the fills on it yet, and by running this it will extract the files that I have already made.

Or do I have to put the code of the file in the script and have it create the file that way, with the FileWright?

Edited by uber125

ok I now know how do include the file .DLL and the .BAT within the exe it self

Example (I hope you understand what Im trying to do here)

Install Test.dll

Install Test.bat

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop")

Kind of like winzip self extraction wizard how it already has the files in exe,

only difference here this will not give the option to the user to spiffy a location it will just go to the desktop.

Keep in mind that the computer that is running this doesnt have the fills on it yet, and by running this it will extract the files that I have already made.

Or do I have to put the code of the file in the script and have it create the file that way, with the FileWright?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just add the lines:

FileInstall("c:\test.dll","c:\test.dll",1)
FileInstall("c:\test.bat","c:\test.bat",1)