Sign in to follow this  
Ruud

application crashes - opportunity?

Ruud

Hey everyone!

Though by reading the forum I get wonderful insights and learn a lot on how to drive applications with autoit, i'm still not quite where i want to be.

I'm working on a project in which I try to read out information that is shown on custom controls. As the text cannot be read by Autoit (at least, not in any way that I've been able to figure out - see my related post ) I'm using various other methods to obtain it, such as sending keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-c) to copy the text to the clipboard, and OCR for unselectable text.

Through these methods I'm being relatively successful in getting the wanted information, be it at a very slow pace. However, the main problem I have now is that the application regularly crashes, in a way that is not reproducible.

Now, whenever the application crashes, it shows an error report, with the functions that were called (by the application itself) leading up to the crash. I've hat different ones as well, but the one that seems to dominate at the moment is this one:

Error

---------------------------

An unknown error has occured. This information might be usable to solve the problem:

Euroglot Engine Exception: [EgWDB.cpp:2592 EUROGLOT::FetchConcepts] Number of reserved rows don't match with found concepts.

Stack Trace:

at Euroglot.EuroglotLib.GetOverview(EuroglotLookupData lookupData, Int32 concept, Int32 sourceFocus, Int32 targetFocus)

at Euroglot.MainFormBase.lookupWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

The question now is - is there not a way I could call these functions, i.e. to directly get the data I need? From the names of these functions and arguments they take I can pretty much guess what they do, and it's exactly what I need.

(I'm not sure if this is even an AutoIt-topic, but if not I take hints to go elsewhere as well :oops:)

Thanks!

Ruud

Edited by Ruud