This topic is now closed to further replies.
I have a script that just adds some keyboard shortcuts for things like displaying the current song and artist, moving the window to the side so it won't pop up in my way, and play/pause, next song, previous song (these are the only 3 to still work since they don't need the window handle.)
In some update recently, Spotify's window class swapped from "[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]" to "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]". Using the new class in my controls doesn't seem to work, I've tried getting the window handle from the process handle (_GetHwndFromPID($PID)) but that seems to fail as well.
Does anybody have some idea of a way I could get this script working again?
edit: seems like discord has the same window class name, so could be some issue with this? Still not sure of a way to solve the issue though, I added a function to get the handle of the active window and can just use that now, but it was able to find it on its own before on spotify startup or script startup which would be preferred.
Please answer me these questions three, ere the other side you see:
Are you running a 64-bit machine with a 64-bit Windows operating system? Can your AutoIt scripts cope with having directive #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y, and thus @AutoItX64=True? Are you sick and tired of seeing this error message?
If you (like me) answered "YES" to all three questions, then the _HighMem library may ease your pain (the name commemorates a useful utility from the days when CPUs were still steam-powered). Forget about pathetic boot switches /3GB and /userva; in a full-fledged 64-bit environment, _HighMem can pre-allocate all available physical/virtual RAM you've got (or any smaller size you need), and manage individual allocations therein with four simple functions:
_HighMem_StartUp( $nSize, $sUnit="GB" ) ; parse size of total region to pre-allocate, e.g. (10,"GB") _HighMem_Allocate( $nSize, $sUnit="B" ) ; returns $pOffset (new allocation's base address) _HighMem_Release( $pOffset ) ; existing allocations are identified by their offset (base address) _HighMem_CleanUp() ; close handles, release all pre-allocated memory Of course, existing AutoIt limitations remain in force (e.g., DllstructCreate() is still limited to 2 GB per call), but the maximum of 2-4 GB of virtual memory per Windows process can (under the right circumstances, in the proper environment) be circumvented. However, this is the first beta release, so glitches are likely, and performance may vary. In fact, it may not work at all for you (if you're running 32-bit, for example). And since this involves your own hardware, it's unlikely I would be able to reproduce your issues in my own work environment. Nevertheless, if you find obvious bugs or mistakes in the code, please do post. And if it works for you, that's also good to hear. My own motivation for developing it was to supercharge my matrix computing environment (Eigen4AutoIt), so it can handle matrices of any size that fit in machine RAM.
The attached zip contains the library itself (HighMem.au3) and two test examples. HighMem_Test1 performs a dry run stress test of the allocation management system; it does not actually do any memory I/O. By contrast, HighMem_Test2 pre-allocates a 6 GB space, stores 3 x 2GB structs there, performs some basic I/O, and releases the allocations one by one. Obviously, for this to work you'll need at least that much free RAM to begin with (check with Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory if you're unsure). My own test environment has 16 GB of physical RAM, and runs W10Pro/64.
EDIT: minor edits added to improve user experience (many more status messages if $_HighMem_Verbose=True)
EDIT: from beta version 0.9, HighMem supports shared memory, including mutex negotiation.
This got closed and im trying to figure out why isint this one closed too:
I didint want to "hack" or "automate" a game all i wanted to do is learn memory reading and i needed help so i ask again
hey, can anybody enlighten on lesser known Windows hacks or uses ?
Looking for working code to get full path of process - both 32 & 64 bit.
I tryed this bellow, but it works only for 32-bit processes, even if compiled for x64...
Thanx for suggestions!
Func _ProcessGetPath($vProcess) ;get the program path done by MrCreatoR Local $iPID = ProcessExists($vProcess) If NOT $iPID Then Return SetError(1, 0, -1) Local $aProc = DllCall('kernel32.dll', 'hwnd', 'OpenProcess', 'int', BitOR(0x0400, 0x0010), 'int', 0, 'int', $iPID) If NOT IsArray($aProc) OR NOT $aProc Then Return SetError(2, 0, -1) Local $vStruct = DllStructCreate('int') Local $hPsapi_Dll = DllOpen('Psapi.dll') If $hPsapi_Dll = -1 Then $hPsapi_Dll = DllOpen(@SystemDir & '\Psapi.dll') If $hPsapi_Dll = -1 Then $hPsapi_Dll = DllOpen(@WindowsDir & '\Psapi.dll') If $hPsapi_Dll = -1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, '') DllCall($hPsapi_Dll, 'int', 'EnumProcessModules', _ 'hwnd', $aProc, _ 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($vStruct), _ 'int', DllStructGetSize($vStruct), _ 'int_ptr', 0) Local $aRet = DllCall($hPsapi_Dll, 'int', 'GetModuleFileNameEx', _ 'hwnd', $aProc, _ 'int', DllStructGetData($vStruct, 1), _ 'str', '', _ 'int', 2048) DllClose($hPsapi_Dll) If NOT IsArray($aRet) OR StringLen($aRet) = 0 Then Return SetError(4, 0, '') Return $aRet EndFunc