Include source after copmpiling

hi,

Is it possible to add code after compiling script? I think like that:

; Some functions

; download from web new code or include from other file another file, which could subsequently change

Exit

sory for my English

let's say you wanna put your code in a text file called 'Test.txt'

Test()

Func Test()

MsgBox(0,'Msg Title','Hello')

EndFunc

To run the code in Test.txt use this

$TextFile = "Test.txt"
RunWait('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteScript ' & $TextFile)

You have to see Running Scripts in the help file

• Moderators

Hi, LuxiVDN. This is how I do it, in case I do something stupid and delete my source (not that that ever happens) ;) Using this method, the source file only gets put onto the machine when you want it, not every time you run the script.

You can make the switch for your command line anything you would like. In this case, if you execute "MySource.exe" /Extract from the Run line, it will extract the source code and then exit without actually running through the script.

If StringInStr($cmdlineRaw, "/Extract") Then
    FileInstall("C:MySource.au3", @TempDir & "MySource.au3", 1)
    Exit
EndIf

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

This is how I do it, in case I do something stupid and delete my source (not that that ever happens) Posted Image Using this method, the source file only gets put onto the machine when you want it, not every time you run the script.

OUT-FREEKING-STANDING!!!! Time to go hunt up all my old source code and recompile it all using this method! This should be added to the WIKI or something (then again, maybe it's already there and I just haven't seen it until now).

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

• 2 months later...