Sign in to follow this  
Majai

Help!

Majai

I have been scripting with AutoIT V2 of a few months i have just decided to move to Version3 and i am having a little trouble

Here is a small sample of my AutoIT 2 code.

IniWrite, %Computername%, C:\\Computername%.txt, General, ComputerName

Basically i was creating a ini file based on the current computer name and also using system variables for information.

Problem is i dont know how to translate it to AutoIT 3 here is what i am assuming it should be but its not working. Any Help would be appreicated as I have a feeling it is something small i am overlooking.

IniWrite("C:\@ComputerName.Txt", "GeneralInformation", "ComputerName", "@ComputerName")

Edited by Majai

Jos

Try it this way:

IniWrite("c:\" & @ComputerName & ".txt", "GeneralInformation", "ComputerName", @ComputerName)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

jpm

I have been scripting with AutoIT V2 of a few months i have just decided to move to Version3 and i am having a little trouble

Here is a small sample of my AutoIT 2 code.

IniWrite, %Computername%, C:\\Computername%.txt, General, ComputerName

Basically i was creating a ini file based on the current computer name and also using system variables for information.

Problem is i dont know how to translate it to AutoIT 3 here is what i am assuming it should be but its not working. Any Help would be appreicated as I have a feeling it is something small i am overlooking.

IniWrite("C:\@ComputerName.Txt", "GeneralInformation", "ComputerName", "@ComputerName")

Did you try the V2 to V3 converter?

that could help to learn

Majai

Dident even look in the extras folder i just really jumped in head first. The converter worked very well for most things a few i will have to code by hand but thats ok. Thanks again for your help now i need to finish my inventory script.