Inconsistent (weird) behaviour of GUICtrlCreatePic on Windows 7

I have a program consisting of 5 .au3-files, one is the main functions, one the GUI functions, and the other are various functions I mostly separate to avoid scrolling when editing (and instead changing tabs).

In the GUI file I have

GUICtrlCreatePic("P1050652.JPG", -1, -1, 1200, 450)

GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

(and the file P1050652.JPG exists and is without errors).

If I double click the main .au3-file everything is fine and I get to see the background picture.

If I create a shortcut, and double click this, all is fine.

If I pin AutoIt to the taskbar, and then pin the main file to this icon, then the GUI is grey (no picture) when it runs.

Why don't I see the picture when the file is called via a pinned shortcut?

If I compile the program I see the picture.

If I pin the compiled version to the taskbar I see the picture.

Since using the pin to pinned icon version of starting the program is the easiest, I'd prefer for this to work as well. Other than that I'm mostly curious to why the behaviour varies.

Use the full path to the picture file in there instead of a relative path the way you have it now.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It's taking the directory from where the file is, the script directory that is. When it's pinned, it's probably using one of the default directories as the working directory, which isn't your script directory.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator