Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to find the status of buton assiciated with Hotkeys in ribbon menus in outlook 2010 ?

6 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi I would like to know that how or what function can i use in autoit to capture the status(Enabled or Disabled) of button associated with hotkeys.

i have attached the screenshot of outlook 2010 what actually i need.

Hope i made it clear.

hope to hear from somebody.

Cheers,

Ashish

post-72838-0-70868500-1338401593_thumb.g

#2 ·  Posted

Try this function - ControlCommand, with the IsEnabled parameter.

- Bruce [font="'Lucida Console';"]/*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.[/font]

#3 ·  Posted

Hi sombcomputerguy,

Thanks for your reply. But i tried that under ribbon menu i am not able to get controlID, title o text of that particular option "Dial up connection".

I will treat whole ribbon as the main window , so in my case it returns as " inbox.......Outlook". There is no text found, nothing.

I tried many ways but couldnt succeed.

In recise i couldnt pinpoint that "Dial up connection" with any function/procedure.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

@sombcomputerguy : can u just write the code of commandcontrol for my particulat situation. I like to see is there any other to express that.

#4 ·  Posted

Ok, I'm somdcomputerguy. That's somd as in Southern Maryland. And I can't write your code for you as I don't have the Outlook program, nor the inclination. There is a couple Outlook UDF's in the Example forum that might help you alot.

- Bruce [font="'Lucida Console';"]/*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.[/font]

#5 ·  Posted

Ok, I'm somdcomputerguy. That's somd as in Southern Maryland. And I can't write your code for you as I don't have the Outlook program, nor the inclination. There is a couple Outlook UDF's in the Example forum that might help you alot.

Hi Bruce ;) ,

Can u please point me to outlook UDF please... And 1 more thing i am new to autoit so need a little help to understand and how to get started with so called"UDF".

#6 ·  Posted