Sign in to follow this  
cueclub

Question about Tree View

cueclub

I am trying to pull information from different files.

They will all be grouped together by name.

In treeview I would have

Last Name << This labels would be the actual name.

-First Name

-Address

-Phone Number

I currently have the above information saved into 4 different ini files.

I am writting the values as Section Keys.

Like so:

IniWriteSection(@ScriptDir & "\First Name.ini", GUICtrlRead($Name),"")

Then read it into an array such as

Local $Name2 = IniReadSectionNames(@ScriptDir & "\First Name.ini")

For $I = 1 To $Name2[0]
        GUICtrlSetData(-1, $Name2[$I] & "|")
    Next

The problem is I can not get the separate values into the TreeView based on what last name is selected.

Here is what I have so far:

Onlastnamesearch("CueClub")
Func Onlastnamesearch($LastName)

GUICreate("Notes for " & $LastName, 300, 250, -1, -1, "", $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("LAST NAME", 5, 10, 60, 40)

Local $Tmp = IniReadSectionNames(@ScriptDir & "\Last Name.ini")

Local $Tmp2 = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(5, 50, 170, 100)
For $I = 1 To $tmp[0]

$tmp3 = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($tmp[$i], $Tmp2)
        $FirstName = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("First Name", $Tmp3)
        $Address = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Address", $Tmp3)
        $PhoneNumber = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("Phone Number", $Tmp3)
    Next

Local $exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 5, 160, 50, 20)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg = $exit Or $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

EndSelect
    WEnd

GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>Example

As you can see above, I can get the treeview to populate, and even the tree items, However I am stumped as to how to pull the data from the separate ini files and display them based on what is clicked on the treeview.

I have read the help file, and searched here a bit, but it is a bit confusing for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

CC

Melba23

cueclub,

Please post some examples of the ini files - without them we are just guessing how to extract the data. :)

If you attach them, you will need to change their extension as the forum software does not accept .ini files. Or you can put the content of each file between [code]...[/code] tags. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

cueclub

I seem to have forgotten that part of it Sorry bout that.

The 1st ini is lastname.ini

[lastname1]
[lastname2]
[lastname3]
[lastname4]
[lastname5]
[lastname6]
[lastname7]
[lastname8]
[lastname9]
[lastname10]

The 2nd ini is phonenums.ini

[555-555-5555]
[222-222-2222]
and so on.....

What I need to do is get the Phne number when I click on the last name in the treeview area.

Hope this explains it a bit more.

CC

BrewManNH

Put them all into one ini file, with the sections being the last name, or last name and first name and the values/keys being the rest of the information. Having them in separate ini files makes it impractical to coordinate a name with a phone number for example.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

cueclub

Well I suppose I could do that, However when it gets to a company name for example. What would be the best way to write the different phone numbers to the name "Section" ?

Array perhaps?

BrewManNH

If you put them as phone#1 through phone#xx in the section for the company name, you could use IniReadSection to get all of the keys that are in that section.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

cueclub

Ok will give that a try. thx

CC