Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcjunki

icon files

3 posts in this topic

i've made several icon files (using gimp), and after i compile, the exe looks like the icon, which is what i want.

but if i run the exe on another pc, the icon doesn't show.

what are the specs (dimmensions of the ico) i should use?

It's probably due to the way you made it, if not, then some form of black magic is definitely being thrown into the mix from somewhere, make sure to secure a 2000 square foot parameter around the afflicted personal desktop computer and investigate the vicinity to identify and possible anomalies that may be directly influencing the suspect computer.

Upon identifying the cause, take appropriate actions to contain and secure the subject to prevent any further interference. Otherwise, if no suspicious evil entities have been found, then this is most likely the method the icon was created, try using a different icon development utility like IcoFX (the free version is great).

Also, the usual icon dimensions are 48x 32x 16x. The problem is probably the way gimp makes the icon file, I remember I had problems with it too before.

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.