Newbie Scripting Help

Hello

I am as stated a newbie to AutoIT and have been struggeling with a problem regarding a bot programmed for yatzhee.

I simply can't make my bot recognize the dice on the locations. So far i have tried to find the pixelchecksum for each dice in each location, but without any usable result.

Then i tried splitting the dice up in 9 fields and locate the black dye in each field to find out what roll was made, also without luck.

Info needed in order to understand my code, I broke the dice im working with up in 9 boxes, each row and collum is 5 pixels and have a gap of 1 pixel between each other.

First i look at the dot in the middle if that is there I know the dice must be 1, 3, or 5 since they are the only numbers with a dot in the middle.

Then i look at the left buttom corner if there is a dot there it must be 5, or 3, and finally in the left buttom corner, if there is a dot there it must be 5.

Problem is my script is telling me all the 5 dice are 5's eventhough the first is 2, 4th is 4.

Please help me ;)

(How do i post the script without you needing to download it? :) )

Temp Dice.au3

Edited by ElmoStoned

• Moderators

ElmoStoned,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum Rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. ;)

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. ;)

boomingranny,

That is the second time today that you have offered help in thread which breaks the Forum rules. I suggest you read them as well - and do not do it a third time. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area