How can I tell the automated mouse and key strokes in the softeware install are blocked?

I need to automate the install software process. For both Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and Microsoft Direct SDK 2010, I tried to use silent install mode to install and failed.

When I try to automate it using AutoIt in GUI, the buttons in the install window does not response any "send" command which imitating keyboard action ( or ControlClick command). I only can guess that the software installer might have blocked the automated mouse and key strokes in the both software installer. But how can I for sure this is the case?

Didn't the help in the other 2 threads you already have going help with this issue? Stick to one topic and you'll get more useful information.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Okay, you have your point. I will stop post any more question regarding this question.

I use the knowage I learned from this Forum and get conclusion that both Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and Microsoft Direct SDK 2010 installed must blocked the automated mouse and key strokes. But I'm not confidence enough for my conclusion. Since these 2 software are popular one, and want to get the second opnions from this Forum.

Edited by newcome
  • Moderators

I am as confused as BrewManNH, newcome. In your last post, I provided you with the silent switches for the SDK. When you say it failed, WHAT failed exactly? How about posting your install code so we can take a look?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi Jlogan3013,

When I run command "DXSDK_Jun10.exe F", it will pop up a "Wicrosoft DirectX SDK" window. After click the button "Next", it will pop up "License Agreement" window.

When I use Controlsend to mark "I accept the terms in the license agreement", the window has no response. I also tried to use controlClick to click "Back" button and it failed too.

Below is my code:

#RequireAdmin

Opt("wintitlematchmode", 2)

Global $cmd = "C:VcsourceAutoIT_installsw_installDXSDK_Jun10.exe"

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)

If WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) Then

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)

WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

Else

ConsoleWrite("WinWaitActivate: " & @error)

EndIf

EndFunc

FileChangeDir("C:VcsourceAutoIT_installsw_install")

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c' & "DXSDK_Jun10.exe F")

;Local $shwndInstall = WinWait("SDK for Windows")

_WinWaitActivate("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "Welcome to the Microsoft DirectX SDK")

ControlClick("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "Welcome to the Microsoft DirectX SDK", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:2]")

;_WinWaitActivate("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "License Agreement")

_WinWaitActivate("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICCENSE TERMS")

ControlSend("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "I &accept the terms in the License Agreement","[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:1]","{+}")

;ControlClick("Microsoft DirectX SDK", "License Agreement", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")

window_info.pdf

Edited by newcome

Hi JLogan3013,

Thank you very much! By using the option " /U " the problem is solved (I thought /F is the option I need to use. I was WRONG. ).

The worked code is as following:

#RequireAdmin

FileChangeDir("C:VcsourceAutoIT_installsw_install")

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c' & "DXSDK_Jun10.exe /U")

Many thanks for this community.

Edited by newcome
  • Moderators

You could also just use Run, and get rid of the ComSpec piece:

#RequireAdmin

RunWait("C:VcsourceAutoIT_installsw_installDXSDK_Jun10.exe /U")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi JLogan3o13,

Thank you! Your sugesstion works! I can not belive that after so long struggle to find a solution, th solution turns out so simple!!!!

#RequireAdmin

RunWait("C:VcsourceAutoIT_installsw_installDXSDK_Jun10.exe /U")

By the way, how could I post code as you do in a different format?

Edited by newcome