ExcelCOM UDF

randallc

Hi Randall,

I'm implementing the

_XLSaveAs($CQRFilePath,$CQRNewPath)

_XLwrite($CQRNewPath,1,"G",3,$Today)

_XLshow($CQRNewPath,1)

in a script I have running.

But I'm having trouble with the "manual" calculation because I do not close the file with _XLclose.

I need the file to be left open and be altered by the the user for some extra options.

So, I like the calculation to be left at "automatic"

Can this be done somehow??

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have not checked lately, but "_XLCalc($sFilePath)" or "_XLCalc($CQRNewPath)" should just reset that open file to "automatic"

Let me know; Best. Randall

Don't work, but changing this line (136+137) in your ExcelCom works!!!

$Calculation=.Application.Calculation

.Application.Calculation = $xlCalculationAutomatic

Why do you change the calculation to manual???

oK, thanks,

i'll fix it soon; the issue is related to speed if I have a large sheet to calculate, and want to enter a number of different data; ;I did not want it to calc each time ;I could change it around to have a manual override, though then not consistent...

Oh well.

Randall

Hi,

probably best to add a parameter to "Calc", to keep it visible if needed (Show turns it off again) 1_9_28

"_XLCalc($sFilePath,$Visible)"

best, Randall

Edited by randallc

@randallc

I have a question relating to exporting data to excel.

You have a lot of Excel UDF' s available, with a lot of functions. Great job by the way.

Is there a function available to read data from a ListView, and save that to a Excel file.

This is a common feature we might all find handy.

It might be already available, if yes could you point it out in an example.

Than I can include that to my SQLite Application example for exporting data from the database to Excel.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your comments.

I am sorry I cannot rspond in kind, as i have not been able to test the SQL gear adequately yet. My work SQL program is mostly still hidden tables as far as I can see, and I don't know SQL.

No, i don't, I'm afraid....

Can you get the data from the list view into a 2D array (if it is multiple selected items) and then use my paste (Array) commands? ..XLArrayWrite

or would it be one item at a time (from a string or value) - XLWrite

or one line at a time - XL paste if delimiters can be tabs, (or paste to columns) etc.??...

Best, Randall

PS

If you are asking about writing the GetlistViewItems (or whatever the command!) obviously gary frost for advice; there are usage examples in his "Codewizard" which i used in my "GUICtrlCreateListViewItemExample2.au3" as in my link below too - but none of this is integrated to Excel!

Best, randall

@randallc

Thanks for your feedback.

I see there is no direct solution.

I will try to make one. As you can see I already did it for exporting to a .TXT file from a ListView.

See my SQLite thread in the Scripts and Scraps.

look for the Gui example :

?http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...15entry118281

So it can not be that hard to make it work for Excel

I will let you know, maybe you can add the solution in a standard UDF. Together with the other Excel UDF.

And hopefully your UDF might become a standard UDF.

PS : what do you mean with "Codewizard" from GaFrost. Where can I find it

Hi,

See my SQL query in your thread....

Here's Frosty... and gcriaco;

Codewizard

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=8311&st=45

CodeWiz1.4ZIP

Best, Randall

Edited by randallc

Hi, @ptrex

I have added

2_3; Oct 23rd05; _XLFromListView(ByRef $sFilePath,$h_Listview,$iListSelected=0,$si_Visible="NotVisible"){swapping Error Handler}

XLFromListView is slow, though, as is ListView generally, especially with sort!

[Also fixed error handler in ExcelCom to swap in and out with yours]

Best, randall

Edited by randallc

@randallc

Sorry for the late reply but i was tied up with some other things.

No succes so far, lots of errors in you ExcelCOM

See here

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(77,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in]called with wrong number of args.

$sFuncName = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(84,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(88,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(390,57) : WARNING: $listview: possibly used before declaration.

for $i=0 to _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount ($listview)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(522,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(529,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(546,33) : WARNING: $oMyError: possibly used before declaration.

$HexNumber=hex($oMyError.number,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(554,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(561,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(565,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(616,45) : WARNING: $FilePath: possibly used before declaration.

$Var=$Address&"|"&$ExcelValue&"|"&$FilePath&

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(618,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(625,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(616,45) : ERROR: $FilePath: undeclared global variable.

C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom2.au3 - 11 error(s), 3 warning(s)

As of SqlCom2.au3 it went from OK to worse.

More errors and also the export doesn' t work properly anymore, since you changed to COMMA seperated.

Be aware that in other parts of the world they use comma's for decimal seperaters and a dot for thausend seperators.

So to biuld a universal UDF that support all internationalities, you need to make something that takes care of these differences.

I think it is better to leave the error handler out, untill everything is stable and than take it from there.

Regards,

Hi,

Point taken about the commas; fixed in SQLcom6?

I don't think you've given it much chance, though, as you don't seem to be using the Beta version here?; hence the errors. Your script would probably give similar errors if you used the stable version?

Best, Randall

EDIT SQLcom6 repaired

Edited by randallc

@randallc

I don' t understand if you say I am not using Beta. Line 1 of the errors says this :

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta

Can you explain this ?

I will try your version 6 again today.

Till later.

Hi again,

This is the result of the last version

The Comma seperator works fine again for the export to Excel.

When using your last ExcelCom version I get COM errors all over.

So I swithed back to the previous version and it works OK.

Apart from the errors before running (and I did use the Beta version).

The export from ListView works as well but still has the Comma seperator problem.

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom6.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(77,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in]called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(84,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(88,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(390,57) : WARNING: $listview: possibly used before declaration.

for $i=0 to _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount ($listview)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(522,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(529,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(546,33) : WARNING: $oMyError: possibly used before declaration.

$HexNumber=hex($oMyError.number,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(554,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(561,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(565,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(616,45) : WARNING: $FilePath: possibly used before declaration.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(618,38) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(625,39) : ERROR: ObjEvent() [built-in] called with wrong number of args.

C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom6.au3(218,7) : ERROR: syntax error

f.

~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ExcelCom.au3(616,45) : ERROR: $FilePath: undeclared global variable.

C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom6.au3 - 12 error(s), 3 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended.

>Running: (3.1.1.84):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\_\Apps\AutoIT\SQLIte\SQLcom6.au3"

Till later

Hi,

Can you please check your "autoit3/include" directory, version of excel.com there? - should be 2.17

[And maybe just try the simple example "XLListViewSel1.au3 " - does it give those same errors? - I don't get any!]

Sorry, randall

Edited by randallc

@randallc

Sorry, tested version 2.17 but this one give lot's of COM errors and script errors as mentioned before.

So I best revert to the 2.3 version, which works best for me. besides the script error before running.

like mentioned in the previous posts.