Need help downloading a file without clicking

Normally, I can download the textfile on our network that I want using a browser by using this link:

https://theserver.com/portal/server_controller.jsp?action=verify_open_attachment&file=file_current.txt&filetoopen=e:/Program%20Files/Apache

%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/portal/devices/stuff/file_current.txt

This opens up the browser "save file" dialogue and I choose a spot and save it.

What I would like to do is use AutoIt to download this textfile without the browser being opened/used. I just want something to download it in the background without the need of using the browser.

I tried using Inetget but that does not work at all. I get html source (I think), but not the textfile!

I do not know anything about .jsp besides that I think it stands for Java Server Pages. I'm guessing that the link instructs the server to find file_current.txt and start sending it to the browser. Is there a way for Autoit to except the file and just save it instead? There just has to be way.

Thanks for any help!

How exactly did you use InetGet (I mean InetGet(bla bla))?

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

You could try:

Inetget("https://theserver.com/portal/server_controller.jsp?action=verify_open_attachment&file=file_current.txt&filetoopen=e:/Program%20Files/Apache

%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%206.0/webapps/portal/devices/stuff/file_current.txt", "file.txt", 18, 0)

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1