regarding binding keys

Guest myob

i was wondering if i can bind keys to something else. for example, when i input "A", it wont show up as "A", but instead, something else, lets say "00". just trying to make a homemade encryption program

HotKeySet() can bind keys to functions but AFAIK it does not work with letter keys by themselves but you could do shift+A. How ever if you are looking to encrypt why not use _StringEncrypt(). There are also some encoding\encryption funcs I made that can be found here.However they are not as secure but are fun to fool around with because some of the (Like EDCodeRV()make your text look like it is in a foreign language. :whistle:

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

i was wondering if i can bind keys to something else. for example, when i input "A", it wont show up as "A", but instead, something else, lets say "00". just trying to make a homemade encryption program

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm... why would you encrypt data as it's being input? anyway, whatever your reasons are, there are different ways to do it. you can do it the way one guy did, and make a hotkeyset and function for every letter (both cases) and have it send a diff key rather than the one you're pressing. Maybe you could use _IsPressed() with a select case... then you could just do a case for each letter etc etc... The way i would do it though, is to use a pre-coded encryption (unless you want to really create your own but that could be a pain). one that would be fairly simple to automate with dale's IE.AU3 would be the SNEAK encryption tool... can find it in the tools/resources section of http://hackergames.net Edited by cameronsdad

You used to not be able to use hotkeyset because Jon didn't want anyone to make keyloggers using autoit, but he loosened up i guess :-p

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

You used to not be able to use hotkeyset because Jon didn't want anyone to make keyloggers using autoit, but he loosened up i guess :-p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take a look at this post: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6115

It offers a bit of insight as to when and why this was changed.

edit:typo

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

thanks for all the help, this is just a little fun program i wanna fool around when im bored at home, all the different sources of help will do the job as far as i think. if there is anymore questions ill sure post up after a search :whistle:

hm... why would you encrypt data as it's being input?  anyway, whatever your reasons are, there are different ways to do it.  you can do it the way one guy did, and make a hotkeyset and function for every letter (both cases) and have it send a diff key rather than the one you're pressing.  Maybe you could use _IsPressed() with a select case... then you could just do a case for each letter etc etc... The way i would do it though, is to use a pre-coded encryption (unless you want to really create your own but that could be a pain). one that would be fairly simple to automate with dale's IE.AU3 would be the SNEAK encryption tool... can find it in the tools/resources section of http://hackergames.net

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just wanna try it out on msn messenger, im kinda lazy to type it up, encrypt it, and paste it to msn :dance: Edited by myob

thanks for all the help, this is just a little fun program i wanna fool around when im bored at home, all the different sources of help will do the job as far as i think. if there is anymore questions ill sure post up after a search :whistle:

just wanna try it out on msn messenger, im kinda lazy to type it up, encrypt it, and paste it to msn  :dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you should make a script that connects to the sneak program i mentioned before with dale's IE.au3. you can have it send the string to be encrypted to the control in the sneak page, then submit it, and put the encrypted data to the clipboard or to the msn window for you... little extra code on the back end, but no extra work on the use