Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
THERUNZ

SQL Connection Error

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I am having problem connecting to my SQL database and have hit a snag as was wondering if anyone could help me out. Here is the code I've got:

$conn = ObjCreate( "ADODB.Connection" )

$DSN = "Driver={SQL SERVER};SERVER=**server**;PORT=**port**;UID=**username**;PWD=**password**;"

$conn.Open($DSN)

The error I keep getting is:

We intercepted a COM Error!

Number is: 80020009

Description is: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have tried changing the actual server name to IP address, I've tried adding Trusted_Connection=no to the script but same error every time. When adding the connection through SQL Developer 3.1 it adds the connection just fine with all of the same information specified above. I can ping the server just fine.

I have also tried a different driver using “Microsoft ODBC for Oracle” but receive the error:

We intercepted a COM Error!

Number is: 80020009

Description is: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver’s SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Can anyone provide me with insight on what else I can try to get this connection working right?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited by THERUNZ

I am able to login to the server manually and im able to telnet into it. Could there be something in my code that I'm missing?

I am pretty sure there is something wrong with your connection string. It simply doesn't look like ones I have seen in the past. You might want to Google various examples of how they are implemented through vbs script, as the string should be the same for you.

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

You missed "Database=" in your DSN

I use this DSN in my project for MSSQL server, I replace %variable% to real values before connection.

$DSN = "Driver={SQL Server};Server=%server%;Database=%database%;Uid=%name%;Pwd=%password%;"

You may try to use database master if you don't want some particular one.

EDIT:

If you use 64bit OS then try to use

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n

Edited by Zedna