Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
armoros

SciteConfig - Error

8 posts in this topic

Hi people

After a nasty infection with the police virus i had to format my HD.

So i installed AutoIt again etc.

But with the updated SCITE when i run the SciteConfig.exe it crashes like this.

post-71357-0-30224100-1342287758_thumb.p

Any thoughts on how to fix this ?

Thank you

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif"] [/font]

Sciteconfig uses these includes:

#include <ComboConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <TreeViewConstants.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <Misc.au3>

#include <Date.au3>

#include <file.au3>

#Include <Color.au3>

Make sure your Autoit includes folder has all of them. If it doesn't, you will need to find a copy of them.

RAID Calculator | Software Installer

The truth has been suppressed since the dawn of time.

@abberration

Thank you for the response, i checked the <include> folder and all the files are in place.

i may re download SCITE again.

Thank you again man.

None of those includes should be needed unless you're recompiling the exe.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH

No i don't try to recompile the .exe

I also made a clean install of AutoIt.exe and SCITE.exe (previously i used the zip versions) but i still have the same problem. :(

Could this be a registry issue ?

Anyway i need to have a folder named UDF as the wiki suggests bat can not do it with SciteConfig.exe crashing, so is there any way to register my UDF folder with out SciteConfig.exe ?

Thank you.

armoros,

That particular error is occurring because SciTEConfig cannot read the au3.properties file. Please make sure that you have this file in the proper place:

"Your_AutoIt_DirSciTEPropertiesau3.properties"

If you want to manually set the include folder while we sort this out, the Wiki tutorial explains how to set your personal folder in the registry. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

@Melba23

Hello Melba23 i checked the folder and the au3.properties file is in place.

I have the zip versions of AutoIt and Scite i don't know if the registry tip works since there is not an installed AutoIt in my machine.

There is a special registry value that can be created at "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAutoIt v3AutoIt" called "Include".

It should be a REG_SZ (string) value.

I prefer the zip versions but i may have to install again AutoIt and SCITE, so to be able to make the reg tip work.

Thank you Melba23

Edited by armoros

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Sorry to bring it up again

But i want to ask if it is better to use the

au3.properties 7/3/2011 AutoIt v3 configuration for SciTE.

Separate download from the site OR just stick with the new one < updated > that exists in the SciteAutoIt3 folder. ( the new one ).

I have the same problem with sciteconfig.exe but i am just saying.

Edited by armoros