Microsoft Office Fluent User Interface - Can't get window controls?

Hey guys, while I've been lurking this on and off for years this is my first post as I am quite astonished how I am supposed to proceed.

How do I proceed to get the control information for buttons that are part of the fluent user interface provided and found in all office applications?

Take the ribbon in excel for example. There's no way for me to get a particular button's information as it's been built-in.. Or is there?

Please help me out. I wish I could show examples but I'm working with company sensitive stuff so screenshots won't work. :(

as far as ribbons go, if you press alt you can control most of the ribbon commands. i came up with this script as an example. go into word and press F1.

HotKeySet("{F1}", "_meh")

$close = False

While $close <> True
Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _meh()
send('!nti')
$close = True
EndFunc

it will automatically open up the insert table options.

[spoiler]My UDFs: Login UDF[/spoiler]

What shows up in the autoit windows info tool?

I think you need to look up the definition of astonished.

I am quite astonished by your comment on my sense of wording!

Autoit simply shows the control of the whole, lets say ribbon, not really the buttons themselves. If you have excel, you could try it out as well and you'll see! ;)

as far as ribbons go, if you press alt you can control most of the ribbon commands. i came up with this script as an example. go into word and press F1.

HotKeySet("{F1}", "_meh")

$close = False

While $close <> True
Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func _meh()
send('!nti')
$close = True
EndFunc

it will automatically open up the insert table options.

I was on the same track earlier, yet it seems like I am not able to do text input when I use the keyboard shortcuts.. It's really frustrating and I don't know if its the devs or the actual interface that was made that way. Can't show an example either unfortunately. Edited by qvazzler