Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkDeveloper

Populating and Verifying Data for Input Box (External)

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a way to populate and verify a username and password field on a seperate program. It would be similar to populating and verifying Gmail account information. Before, I used mouse clicks to select the fields and send the username and password. Now I am looking for a way to select these fields without mouse clicks and, if possible, read the data and compare before submitting the fields.

I am trying to get these computers into complete automation if they ever lose network connections because they are almost inaccessible.

If anyone can supply me with ideas on how to do it for me to test or some sample code that does something similar I would appreciate your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



#2 ·  Posted (edited)

It would be similar to populating and verifying Gmail account information.

Is it similar to populating GMail info, or are you populating GMail info? :)

Edited by JLogan3o13

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is similar to populating GMail info. I am actually running an .exe provided to me by another company and it requires a username and password to use the software. The old program I wrote for auto login made the window active and tabbed into the password field. That worked 80% of the time. The other 20% the insertion point does not start in username.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point it seems like I will have to use key commands. I tried using Control Viewer and the input fields are not listed because the .exe interface is a single object. It was worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0