Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfymark

Strange Problem with ListView

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a really strange problem. I am trying to automate the testing of a Windows Application.

Within the application, I have a TreeView which I can expand and select a sub-folder of.

This then display a list of items in the pane to the right which AutoIt Window Info informs me is a ListView.

However, I cannot seem to pick out items and select them from this ListView Pane.

I have tried the GUICtrlListView_GetCount function which tells me that there are 0 items in the ListView. I can clearly see that there are two items in there.

Is it possible that I have a ListView inside the ListView or something like this?

My code at the moment is this:

$hListView = ControlGetHandle($win,"cgAnimation1","WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee2")

MsgBox(0,"",$hListView)

$Finditem = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListView)

MsgBox(0,"",$Finditem)

and various other attempts at this kind of thing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to click on an item in your ListView and read it? Or are you trying to retrieve a list of everything in the ListView? If it is the former, look at _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString in the help file.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

AutoIt can control only STANDARD controls.

WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee2 is non-standard one.

Thanks for your reply and help Zedna,

so is there absolutely nothing I can do to select or read from this non-standard ListView?

I was able to access the TreeView fine so am surprised the developers have used a standard TreeView and a non-standard ListView.

The TreeView class is WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.2004eee1 and the other ListView on the page is WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee3

These both look non-standard.

cheers and huge thanks for your help

Mark