Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Botter

How to get transparency with ImageSearch Library

2 posts in this topic

I couldn't find how to search for images with transparency with the ImageSearch library, but finally figured it out on my own. I thought I'd share how to do it here since I can't find the info anywhere. Just in case someone else is having trouble with this.

Here is a link to the ImageSearch library ( *note I'm using the version by qsek which fixes a memory leak I guess )

ImageSearch library thread :

Basically you put the *Trans line BEFORE the filename + path, for instance:

_ImageSearchArea( "*Trans0xFF00FF " & "test.png", 1, 0, 0, 800, 600, $x, $y, 0 )

The *Trans0xFF00FF will ignore all bright pink pixels in test.png

The *Trans option syntax is explained here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ImageSearch.htm

I cannot tell you how arcane this was for a autoit newbie like myself O.o There really should be an imagesearch function built into autoit, the pixel searches are way too slow.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

I couldn't find how to search for images with transparency with the ImageSearch library, but finally figured it out on my own. I thought I'd share how to do it here since I can't find the info anywhere. Just in case someone else is having trouble with this.

Here is a link to the ImageSearch library ( *note I'm using the version by qsek which fixes a memory leak I guess )

ImageSearch library thread :

Basically you put the *Trans line BEFORE the filename + path, for instance:

FYI Sven's version of _ImageSearch() covers transparency as an optional parameter in #entry551948.

Edited by MrMitchell